Chapter 48 END

The sun was hiding behind the clouds that day. It was a bit windy and a little chilly.

Alarice walks towards the greenhouse where Qashanna was. She saw her in the middle of the flowerbeds. She was sipping her tea with grace and elegance. She was like one with the flowers inside the greenhouse.

The maids gestures her towards the table. She glanced at Qashanna's face. She was still sweetly beautiful as ever but there was a gloom in her eyes. Is that sadness and disappointment she's seeing in her face?

"I greet the moon of the empire." Greeted Qashanna

She just nod as an answer and take her seat.

"I hope you don't mind that I sip tea first to calm my nerves." Qashanna started

"You didn't call me just for a tea, right? What is it that you want?" She casually asked

Through these years, she tried not to have any animosity on her. After all she was also to blame for her insecurity. She selfishly married and loved Nicholas despite knowing that she was there. That she needed him more.

That's why she also did her part enduring her misdeeds and turning blind eye on her wrongdoings. She too, contributed on Qashanna's despair.

"Can you tell me about your country?" She asked while pouring her tea.

Her eyebrows met. She's confused.

"What?"

"You know, I always let bad things happen to me because I thought it can't be helped. I thought that it's just the way it is because I'm a girl and I'm powerless.  Did you know? The reason father always tormented me is because when I started learning, I asked him that I take lessons with my brother. When I did, I was praised by my teachers for learning so fast. Faster than my brother. That's when things went bad. Because I'm a girl, I cannot be better than my brother who was a male and an heir."

She sip a tea on her cup.

"Why are you telling me this?" Alarice asked

"I was tormented by my brother and abused by my father manipulating me that as a woman, I only need to make the males more powerful. I should've stayed in their shadows. I just need to be a beautiful flower decoration. A damsel in distress needed to be protected and saved so the man can be revered as someone great and brave. And it happened, Nicholas saved me. I thought my father was right. That I just need to be weak so I can be saved. But... But... He got tired saving me. "

Tears fell from her face. She was looking at her teacup.

Alarice didn't muttered a single word. She didn't know what to say. No. No words is enough to console her.

"In this country. Only the Empress regnant can have a little more power unlike the majority of the women here. I wanted that title but he wanted to protect me from the dangers of politics so he gave me a position almost equal to the Empress regnant but just like any other women, a mere decoration. Albeit slightly more powerful than the rest."

Qashanna then looked at her. Alarice felt like drowning from the sorrow in her eyes. Her emotions was so laid bare that it was overwhelming.

"I didn't want to be like this. I dirtied my hands so many times to keep this life I thought will be perfect. If only I was not born here. I only there was one person who believe that I can do things. I envy you Alarice. Nothing did go right in my life. I'm just so tired now." She said

Alarice opened her mouth but she then shut it again. She sip her tea trying to calm the tension.

She then gaze away to the sky for she can no longer contain the overwhelming emotions of Qashanna.