23.

Caroline. 

Lil's and Alec's party had finally come around, Ashlyn and Emmy had come over. Lil had told me to bring friends, there wasn't a seated dinner at the beginning and she said she wanted to get to know everyone. "Don't you look fantastic?" Emmy asked as she walked out of the room. 

"Thank you, that is a very accurate observation." I replied grinning. I tried not to be vain but right now she was absolutely right, I had kept all of my mother's old dresses and when I'd seen this one I knew it was perfect for the occasion. It was long and gold with a long V neckline. The material was soft and silky, it floated around me gently. 

"Well if you want to make Benny have a crush on you tonight might be the night." She added. 

Ashlyn laughed, "Em's not wrong about that. I do have one question though." 

I gestured for her to go ahead, "shoot." 

"If you manage to get Benny to like you, and you like him, then why don't you just get together if you both like each other?" She continued. 

I laughed at the idea, "that's funny Ash. There is nothing either of us would rather do."

"But if you both like each other then isn't that exactly what you want to do?" She continued frowning. 

"The like part is completely unwilling, we don't get along so it would be completely pointless to be together anyways." I replied rolling my eyes, as if that part hadn't been obvious enough.

Emmy and Ash shared a look I didn't like one bit, "yeah, completely pointless."

I scowled, "come on, we should get going we're already late." 

"You're driving right?" Emmy asked.

I nodded, I was usually designated driver because I didn't drink, plus I had a car. "Don't worry I'll be your chauffeur tonight." 

She grinned hugging me on her way to my make up table. "Thanks." 

Ash was wearing a cornflower blue dress with a asymetric neckline that complimented her dark skin tone and she had pulled her black hair up into a bun that had the front strands hanging out. Emmy had borrowed one of my dresses, it was black with spaghetti straps, a square neckline and a slit on the side of the leg. It suited her really well. 

Once we were all finished we grabbed our bags and then went downstairs to the car, even though Alec and Lil didn't live far away when it was finally time to leave I didn't feel like carrying either of them back home or chasing them down the street, if they were safely strapped into the back of the jeep it would make my life a million times easier. Plus designated driver usually became shuttle driver when everyone realised they had no way home. 

When we got there I could see Lil running down to greet me, "CARE!" she exclaimed exitedly flinging her arms around me.

I grinned hugging her tightly as we swayed from side to side, "Lil, oh my good it's so good to see you! How are you?" 

She smiled, "I should be asking you that of course, after your traumatic experience with Ben, who by the way is not invited anymore. You should have seen Alec after he heard what happened, he near drove to ben's place to and I quote 'teach that fucking moron a lesson'." 

"Speak of the devil." I added grinning as her older brother walked down the path to greet me, "what's up man?" 

Alec grinned pulling me in, "what's up brother" he asked making me laugh. I'd heard that phrase a million times at Will and Parkers party from all the drunk idiots who'd stumbled up to me and Alec who'd been one of the rare guys at the party who hadn't been drunk on account of the fact that he was a serious athelete and didn't put this 'crap' in his body.