seven

5 month time jump

Ryan's pov

it had been an eventful 5 months. nothing too crazy. I spent Cassidy's last two weeks glued to her side. we fucked a lot. luckily she's on birth control. after she left, I felt a bit lonely and we stopped communicating as much about a month ago. I would have thought we were broken up if it weren't for the phone sex, which was the only thing we would do as of recently. not really complaining. a few weeks after Cassidy left, I got a text from Ariana, asking to hang out. We did. it became a regular thing between us. She helped me with my decision to go to UC Berkeley. I stayed home and commuted back and forth. it was way easier than driving through the city. sometimes, Ariana would come to Berkeley after my classes and we would try a new food place every time we went. we were certainly becoming closer. once both our semesters started, I would sometimes study in her classroom or we'd go to a coffee shop and work together.

today, we were gonna go to our favorite restaurant; Gather. she loved it because they had delectable Vegan options. I was getting ready as I checked my phone.

---

ariana🤍: hey, who's driving?

---

I had an idea that I wasn't sure she was into.

---

ryan: what if we took Bart this time? save some gas.

ariana🤍: what did I tell you about being cheap? lol jk

ryan: hey! 😂😂 I'm not being cheap, it's for the experience.

ariana🤍: okay, well pick me up. I'm not leaving my car at the station so it can get bipped. 😭

ryan: so we just put my car at risk instead?

ariana🤍: now you're getting the hang of it. 😉

ryan: alright loser, be ready at 7.

ariana🤍: whatever 🙄 I'll be here.

ryan: whatever you say, ms grande

---

I chuckle before locking my phone. I put on a nice pair of black jeans and a black button up shirt. "it doesn't hurt to look a little nice." I say to myself before buttoning the second button on my shirt, leaving the first one untouched. i grab a gold chain, tucking it into my open shirt. I spritz a bit of cologne on before putting on my shoes, my black air Jordan 4 retros as well as my leather jacket. I grabbed my keys from the hook by the front door. Before I could walk out, my dad and sister notice me from the couch.

"Cassidy must be in town." my dad chuckles looking at my sister who bursts into laughter.

"nope!" I say, taking a glimpse at the confused looks on their faces as a walk out. "shit, does it look like I'm going on a date?" I think to myself. I look at the time on my phone.

6:50

I don't have time to change so I hop in the car and drive to Ariana's. I pull up outside, she hated when I texted her to come outside so I turned the car on and walked up to her apartment, knocking softly on the door. I hear the door jiggle as she unlocks it, opening it with a big smile.

"RYANN, hi hi. come in!" she says, grabbing my hand ushering me inside as she closed the door and locked it behind herself before she runs off down the hall.