eighteen

3 months later

Ryan's pov

It's been a long three months without Ariana. I decided I was done with school, I dropped out and started working full time at a fulfillment center. it's not glamorous but my check every month gets me through it. my dad was upset with me as was everyone else. the conversation had with my dad was under the census that I couldn't let my break up affect me like this but it wasn't that. it was the fact I was mourning what I lost with Ariana. I walked away from a full scholarship because I loved Ariana but no one knew but five of us (Cassidy, myself, Ariana, Dalton & Marina). it might sound fucked up but by the time Cassidy and I had broken up, I had already moved on with Ariana.

I tried reaching out to Ariana on many occasions but I had no luck each time. I was starting to accept that maybe it was over. I was starting to move on anyway. maybe it just wasn't meant to be with ariana, the way i thought it was.

today I woke up to get ready for work, it was easy to get promoted in this place. I started two months ago and I'm already on track to be a supervisor. I had originally told my dad I was dropping out for just the semester but I didn't want to go back at all. before I even put on my shoes to leave, I heard a soft knock on my door.

"who would be here right now?" I ask myself as I walk over to the door. I peep out of the hole in the door. I sigh as I open the door, plastering a smile on my face.

"hey." Cassidy says, pushing past me into my house.

"well just come right on in." I say, sarcastically.

"how come everyone knew you dropped out of college except for me? I thought we were on speaking terms. why am I the last to know?" she stands in front of me with her arms crossed over her chest.

"you know it's so hot when you get mad at me like this." I walk over to her, placing a hand around her waist.

"mhm when are you going back?" she steps away from my hold.

"actually." I pause, causing her to look at me with a raised eyebrow. "I'm not."

"what?" she shrieks. "what are you saying?"

"I'm not going back. I didn't tell anyone but I dropped out completely. I'm not built for college." I sigh as I sit down at the dining room table.

"but Ryan, think about the long run. how can this job benefit you in 30 years compared to school? if you stay in school the money will be better." I cut her off before she continues.

"listen, i weighed out everything and this is what I wanna do now. I have my whole life for college. I just can't commit to it right now." I step closer to her, rewrapping my arms around her.

she sighs softly, wrapping her arms around my neck. "alright, you know what's best for you."

I lay a soft peck on her lips. "aw you still care about me."

"always, no matter what. or who." she rolls her eyes.

Cassidy and I were on... terms. after what happened with Ariana, we both kind of decided to stay friends. emphasis on kind of. we would lay together every now and then but I had started seeing this girl named Bianca. she was a short brunette with a lot of attitude and a strong presence. I met her maybe a week after everything happened, at a club. she was chill so we decided to hang out and it turned into something more. we don't really have a label but she's not seeing anyone else. but I, on the other hand, have been seeing Cassidy.

"I hear a hint of jealousy." I cup my hand around her cheek.

"nope, I'm on my way to see Alvin anyway." she turns around heading for the door.