seventeen

Ryan's pov

the unfolding - 2 weeks later

I was on a cloud. I mean yes, Cassidy and I broke up but it should have happened sooner. I was starting to build something more with Ariana. we had a lot of the same interests and we committed to trying things we have never tried before. we had a list and there was some crazy shit on there but we would do anything as long as we're doing it together.

lately I had been staying at my new apartment, along with Ariana. my dad had a moving crew to move my things in so we weren't on a blow up bed for long. she was honestly here more than she was with Dalton, which I had no problem with. in order to not be suspicious though, she would go home every other night. she came back in the middle of the night a few times. she's already leaving her things in my bathroom and making room for her clothes. she even has a little work area in MY room. I love every bit of it, I love every bit of her.

today started out good but it got weirder and weirder. Cassidy had been texting me trying to make up and get back together but I told her the same thing, it's over. I love Ariana and I want to be with her. I wouldn't take her phone calls or send her an address to come to. but today shocked me drastically.

I hear a knock on the door, I get up quickly assuming it's the neighbors. I open my eyes and what I see shocks theiving lights out of me.

"Cassidy, what are you doing here?" I gasp.

"I wanted to see you. I don't think I can do this." she sobs slightly, she has been for days or maybe even two weeks.

"but how do you know where I live? I never gave you an address.." I scan her face, watching her eyes dart down.

"I just-" I cut her off.

"alright cass, then come in. I've got a couch." I move away from the entrance of the door, letting her walk past me.

she walks in and sits on the couch, I follow and sit next to her.

"why? I thought things were okay. you told me so." she says with a hurt tone in her voice.

"they were. it wasn't about you, I just got these feelings when you were away. Ariana and i- we were always doing spontaneous things and spending one on one time together. I didn't plan to fall for her. I just did. I love you so much but we're growing up." I say, grabbing her hand and playing with the ring on her middle finger.

"growing apart, not up. we said our plan was okay no matter what." she starts to sob harder.

"I know but I didn't think this would happen. yeah I had a crush on her in HS, I figured it was just one of those things but here I am." I sighs, placing my hand on her thigh.

"you could have told me. we could have done something and this wouldn't be happening. I hate the idea of not being yours. it hurts so much." she leans into my chest as I wrap my arms around her.

"there's nothing you could have done. you were going to Stanford, I wasn't. that was the beginning of the end. I still love you but not like I did, not like I love Ariana right now." cup my hand on her cheek, placing a stand of hair behind her ear.

"okay, I get it." she melts into my touch. "can we just- can we kiss one more time? it might help.

without a word, I grab her face and connect our lips. she leans in closer to me, placing herself onto my lap as we continue to kiss. we pulled away once we couldn't breathe but once we caught our breath, we began making out.

out of the corner of my eye, I can see a figure moving slowly. I pull away from Cassidy to see Ariana.

"Ari! it's not what you think at all." I stand up and run toward her, trying to wrap my arms around her.