nineteen

Ryan's pov

it wasn't the first time ariana and i had an arrangement like this before. this time was different, there was a different level of devotion to us from her end. we met up whenever we could. at lunch or after school was over. i would even come up to the school and she'd lock her classroom door. you know why. if you had told me a few days ago that i'd have ariana back, i'd think you were crazy. i haven't ended things with bianca, we both decided it would be best that i stayed to keep up some kind of charade. i had a conversation with her about staying celibate until we were official. she agreed even though she didn't know it was never gonna happen again. while i felt bad for playing with her emotions, i also didn't want people speculating.

bianca wanted me to meet her family. i thought it was doing too much but i didn't fight her on it. who am i to turn down a free meal and help keep up the facade. as for her family, i had only met her brother a few times. he was cool, we smoked a few times and had double dates with him and his girlfriend. she told me the only person i had to worry about was her mother but i'm a master charmer and i don't see that being an issue.

her parents were having a get together with her family and a bunch of their friends at a hotel. it was supposed to be a formal event so i had to wear a suit. i decided to go with my classic black slacks and jacket with a light purple shirt and a black tie. pretty simple. to add a personal spin on it, i wore my black cats.

it was around 6:45 and i decided to pick up bianca since we had been late. she decided to ride there with me for an entrance. i didn't know what she had to prove but i wasn't complaining either. i got off about an hour ago so the down time was cool.

i pulled up to her house and i shot her a text. shortly after, she walks outside her house. she looked, she was wearing a simple white dress with white heels. she had a full face on and she was just thick as hell. i had never seen her look so good.

"b, i don't think you know how good you look." i say, getting out of the car to greet her.

"well thank you. you don't look too bad yourself." she lays a kiss on my lips.

"get in beautiful." i open her door, helping her in.

we get in the car and drive to the hotel. it's about a 30 minutes drive and somehow, it happened in silence. i knew something was on her mind but i was too occupied with what was on mine. once we arrive and park the car, i get out to open her door. chivalry is not dead, it only happens for beautiful women. when we get inside, we're greeted by a bunch of random people who've known bianca since she was young and couldn't believe she was dating. apparently, she's been single all her life which explains a lot to me. she DID tell me i took her virginity, i just didn't believe her.

"there she is." a man emerges from the huge crowd of people in front of him.

"daddy! hi!" bianca embraces him as if she hasn't seen him in years.

"you must be ryan!" be turns to me, reaching his hand out.

"yes it's so nice to meet you sir." i shake his hand.

"call me Dakota! my daughter talks about you non stop. you seem like a great kid." he puts a hand on my shoulder. he pulls me and whispers, "take care of her. she doesn't usually fall head over heels for anyone."

i chuckle at his remark, looking over at bianca. "don't worry, she's safe with me."

"oh my God dad! don't embarrass me." she blushes.