eight

Ryan's pov

I laid in bed awake the next morning trying to figure out what I was feeling and why. I don't know why I felt jealous, I sure as hell don't know why I kissed her. well I do, I wanted to kiss her. I hadn't been able to get her off of my mind since the first time we hung out after the incident at the party. we were always together, like two peas in a pod. I hadn't made any friends in college because I spent all my free time with her. Cassidy hadn't come to visit in months. "I was just lonely" I tell myself. "a husband is crazy tho" I pick up my phone to finally look at the notifications I had silenced during the night.

---

cass💍: babeee, I'm on my way for thanksgiving.

ryan: what?? so early.

cass💍: yeah all my lectures are done for the week so I decided come early to see you! 🥰

ryan: oh that's amazing baby. I can't wait to see you.

cass💍: same so I'm actually gonna be outside your house in 10 minutes. 😆

ryan: oh shit babe I'm not ready.

cass💍: GET READY NOW. i love you 🥰

---

in all the craziness, I somehow didn't realize how close it actually was to thanksgiving. I knew Cassidy would be home around this time but I thought I'd have a little time to myself before then.

I pick out some clothes, a pair of sweatpants and a random shirt. I got in the shower quickly and just threw them on when I got another text.

---

cass💍: outside

---

I walk outside to see my girlfriend standing outside her car.

"baby." she runs to me and jumps into my open arms. putting her face into her crevice of my neck "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too baby." I say, wrapping my arms around her body. I breathe in, inhaling a familiar scent. "hey, what is this you're wearing?"

"my clothes?" she looks at me with a confused look.

"no baby," I roll my eyes. "your fragrance. it's like a floral vanilla."

"oh yeah! I just bought it, it's called black opium. not you noticing." she says, blushing and planting a kiss onto my lips.

"you're wearing her perfume." I think as I kiss her back.

we get in the car, stopping at her house so she can drop some of her things off before we hang out. we decided to go see a movie, it had been some years since we actually went to the movie theaters. we chose a movie to see on the way there. of course it was a scary movie, I knew I'd be holding her the whole time because she was easily scared.

we finally arrive to the movies. she parks and we go inside, her hand in mine. I buy our movie tickets as well as our snacks. she doesn't know but it's the least I could do.

after we watch the movie, we decide to go grab some food and sit at a view. we grab some Chinese food and park in front of a body of water. we used to do this before she moved to Chilton. she didn't have any time to do anything like this with me when she was at Chilton, much like now. I always understood though, her success is the most important thing to me.

"you know, you still haven't come to see me at Stanford." she says, poking at her food and not looking at me.

"I know baby, I've just been busy as fuck with school. I ain't been hanging out with no one, not even the twins." I explain, looking at her.

the real reason is yes, school but also Ariana. I spent most of my free time with her, no matter what time of day it was. we would go on late night rides just blasting our favorite music. I would even skip lectures to go places with her. fuck.

"sorry. I know you're in school too. I shouldn't expect it, we're both so busy. I just feel like there's a wedge coming between us." she looks up, meeting my gaze.

I sat quit, I was still thinking about Ariana and what she had just revealed to me.

"ryan?" Cassidy locks eyes with me as I look at her. "did you hear me?"

"yes babe, it's okay. I understand you. I'm gonna make time to visit you, it's the least I could do." I say as I open her palm and interlace our fingers.

"promise?" cassidy pokes her bottom lip out as she asks.

"i promise princess." I pull her into a kiss.

she grabs the back of my neck with her free hand, allowing me to stick my tongue in her mouth. I take notice of her eyes, they are shut. I flutter my eyes closing them eventually. as I close my eyes, I inhale the fragrance my girlfriend is wearing. I remember the kiss i shared with Ariana last night. I kiss her harder, moving my free hand down from her neck down to her lap. I pull away once I realize what I'm actually invisioning.

Cassidy opens her eyes as I pulled myself away from her grasp. "what's wrong baby?"

"um nothing, i- I just- I'm ready to go home. I'm not really in the mood tonight. I have a class in the morning so I kind of want to go to sleep. I think your perfume is sort of giving me a headache too." I managed to gather my thoughts before the suspicion rose. I lied about her perfume, and basically everything else.

"oh yeah, sorry." she looks down with a confused & disappointed in her eyes. "I'll take you home then."

I take notice of her expression. I can see she isn't happy and is probably thinking the worst. I have to think quickly so this doesn't turn into something bigger in the future.

"well actually," I pause, making sure she's looking at me. " I think your bed is better to cuddle in."

a smile sweeps across her face, she turns away not wanting to see her blushing. "well to my house then."

she drives off and within 15 minutes, we're at her place. I didn't have to worry about a change of clothes because most of the clothes in her closet belong to me, although she denies the fact she stole them from me. after we brushed our teeth and changed clothes, we got into the bed. we were both on different sides but we met in the middle of the bed. she fell asleep almost instantly but not before attempting to scrub off her perfume. but I couldn't fall asleep. I was still thinking about Ariana. instead of letting my thoughts go haywire, I grabbed my phone and opened tiktok. I scrolled a bit but I got bored with tiktok. i decided to do something else that I shouldn't have.

---

ryan: ari?

---

I waited for a response, leaving the thread open and my phone in my hand. after a while of just waiting, my sleep involuntarily took over my body.

---------------------------

short filler chapter to get us closer to the good part. 😛😛😛😛