Chapter 11

Annette arrived at the beach in Glenford. It was already evening time.

Families and lovers were walking along the shore. A child's laughter resounded and was carried by the wind.

Annette lifted her veil and gazed blankly at the scene before her. The ocean colored by the sunset was unbelievably beautiful.

Waves surging from the straight horizon rippled up and down. If you put your hand in the sea water and removed it, it seemed to be filled with red water.

Bubbles rose like a bouquet of flowers on the shoreline where the waves ended. Lovers who took off their shoes played with their feet in the water.

Annette lowered her veil again. Then she slowly walked away, her skirt fluttering in the wind. The wind was a little chilly.

On one corner of the beach, a man was displaying paintings. Judging from the large canvas placed in front of him, it looked like the man had painted them himself.

Intrigued by the work, Annette approached and asked.

"Are these paintings for sale?"

"Of course. I paint and sale them."

Annette read the price tag below. The price was not that high.

"I was going clean up since it's getting dark. So I'll paint one for free. Please sit down."

"Ah ......"

Annette did not answer readily. Her heart was grateful and she was interested, but she had to take off her hat to do so.

After reading Annette's hesitation, the man joked.

"Why, you're not confident to show your face? Then I can draw with your hat on."

"Uh, no, sir."

Sitting in her chair hesitantly, Annette swallowed and then took off her hat. She sneaked a look at the man's face, but he didn't react in any particular way.

'Either he doesn't care or he is pretending not to...'

Either way, it was a blessing. She straightened her hat, feeling a little more at ease.

"How long will it take?"

"It'll be quick. It's free, but what do you want?"

"Don't draw me too strangely."

"Ha, at this rate, I might do just that. You're too stiff. Try smiling a little."

Annette smiled awkwardly. The man clicked his tongue and shook his head.

"Too awkward, you have a pretty face, but you're no actor. Try raising your lips more."

"Isn't it too much?"

"Not much. You're like this."

The man mimicked Annette's expression. The strangely folded eyes and the quivering corners of the lips were indeed bizarre.

Annette couldn't help but laugh at the funny look on his face.

"Was I doing that?"

"Your face is much better now."

The man pointing at her with his finger quickly moved his pen. Annette smiled, a little embarrassed.

After finishing a simple coloring with oil pastels, the man showed her the drawing. Annette let out a small exclamation.

"It's much prettier than I am."

"Of course it is. I draw prettier than the real thing."

The dancing blonde hair, the narrowed blue eyes, the brightly smiling face and the sea of red behind it. It wasn't a live-action version, but there was quite a bit of resemblance compared to the real thing.