Chapter 15

After returning from Glenford, Annette had not seen Heiner for nearly a week.

It was no big deal. They had hardly encountered each other until she demanded a divorce.

The official residence was large and had a different radius of activity, so they each lived only their own lives unless one of them looked for the other first.

After the revolution, the role of finding a partner was mostly Annette's. Though, things had changed a bit after the mention of divorce.

As far as Annette was concerned, there was no reason to seek him first unless it was about divorce.

Birds chirped loudly outside the window.

Annette put the documents summarizing the breakdown of the donations into the file binders and opened the safe in the closet.

After placing the files in the safe, she took out a jewelry box. Placing the jewelry she had stored in the box into a paper bag, she pressed the pager. Soon a servant entered the room.

"Miss Ritzburg, I have one favor to ask of you, go to the nearest jeweler..........."

"Yes, madam."

"...."

"Tell me, madam."

When Annette did not speak, the servant looked at her with puzzlement. After thinking about something for a moment, Annette smiled faintly and shook her head.

"No, I will go there myself."

"If you want to buy jewelry, I have a catalog........"

"I'm going to look at it in person at the store. Could you have a driver on standby?"

"All right."

As soon as the servant left, the smile disappeared from Annette's face. She changed into her outdoor clothes and put on her veiled hat.

With her gloves donned, Annette left the building with a paper bag. Naturally, an attendant followed and opened the back seat door. After getting into the car, Annette asked the driver.

"Are there any nearby jewelry stores that are unoccupied?"

"Oh....then how about Huffine Jewelers? But the store is in a back alley, so I have to park the car on the main street, so you'll have to walk a bit."

"No problem. Please go there."

Since the driver was a knight who accompanied noble ladies, he was knowledgeable about jewelers. The man skillfully turned the steering wheel and

turned down the street.

Before long, the car stopped on one side of the boulevard. Annette stepped into an alley lined with shops. When she arrived in front of Huffine Jewelers, the attendant said,

"I'll be waiting outside. Madam."

It was a pleasant sound to hear. Annette nodded her head slightly and went inside the store.

"Welcome."

The jeweler greeted the customer in a somewhat insincere tone. Annette said as she placed a paper bag on the display stand.

"I want to get rid of everything."

"Perhaps you have received an appraisal from another place first?"

"No."

The jeweler glanced inside the paper bag and put on his glasses.

"Please wait a moment."

The amount of jewelry was not much. All of the Rosenberg family's property had been seized, and Annette, who belonged to Valdemar, was forced to semi-donate most of her possessions by public opinion.