Chapter 18

The bleeding stopped on the fourth day. After draining all the by-products, she thought it was really over.

At Heiner's request, the doctor checked the medications Annette had been taking. The doctor's expression as he examined the medications was not very good.

"Ummm ...... Synagel is a banned drug for pregnant women to take in the early stages. The doctors usually make it clear if you are pregnant when they prescribe it. Has your doctor ever mentioned the possibility of pregnancy? The symptoms you mentioned are common in pregnant women......... and your menstruation also stopped."

"No such word specifically ......"

"Hmmm, I see. First, I will prescribe a nerve stabilizer different from this one. The effects will be mild and long lasting."

Annette nodded. The doctor, who had written something on a form, handed her the prescription.

"And if you take a lot of medicine, you may end up with an overdose headache. The same goes for headache medicine. Do not exceed the durations and dosage written here."

"Yes."

She just learned that she had taken a drug that was forbidden to pregnant women, but surprisingly, she had no feelings about it.

The accident didn't go well, as if there was a malfunction somewhere in her body, to be precise.

Annette was unable to regain her fuzzy spirit even when the doctor laid out the explanation of the medications she was taking and left the hospital room.

"...the doctor."

Heiner's cracked voice broke the silence.

"Let's change your primary physician."

Annette slowly turned her head to look at Heiner.

Their eyes of different temperatures met. Heiner stared at her, not moving slightly, like a person who didn't even breathe. Eventually, Annette slowly shook her head.

"There is no need for that."

"How many times has he been seeing you and not noticed that you were pregnant?"

"It's all right."

"What do you mean it's all right?"

Heiner asked back in a rather sharp tone. There was a faint hint of anger beneath his pretty face. It was an unfamiliar expression.

Annette thought he was overreacting. She didn't really care about anything. She didn't need any more doctors anyway.

"Well, it doesn't matter, so..."

"What do you mean it doesn't matter?"

Annette swallowed the sigh that was trying to escape.

She really didn't want to fight Heiner anymore. Not because she was concerned about her relationship with him, but because she was just tired of draining her mental energy with meaningless arguments.

"Why do you care?"

Annette turned her head, pressing her throbbing temple with her fingers.

"...if you want to change it, change it. You're going to do whatever you want anyway."

Her voice was full of tiredness. Heiner's lips were pressed into a thin line and said nothing. An unreadable gaze gathered over Annette's face.

The second hand on the pocket watch chimed regularly. An inertial silence hovered between them. After a while, he spoke up.

"Doctor Arnold is examining not only you, but also me and the servants of the official residence, and I don't want to hire someone who is not competent or dishonest....... regardless of you."