Chapter 19

The call sounded a little farther away than the reporters'. Annette, who had kept her head down the whole time, involuntarily looked to the side.

"I'm ......! I'm ...... of ......."

The woman's voice was again buried in the commotion and the sound of rain. The woman, who appeared to be a civilian and not a reporter, looked very nervous and desperate.

The woman pushed her way through the reporters, shouting what? What did she say? The reporters with cameras looked at her in surprise.

The buzz slowly subsided. Everyone presented was looking at the woman. The woman opened her mouth, staring straight at Annette.

"I am David Buckel's sister!"

Until that moment, Annette had no idea who David Buckel was. It was the first time she had heard the name.

"I have something to say to madam Valdemar!"

Annette's eyes widened slightly.

You want to speak to me? Why?

There were countless words of fuss over Annette. But it was a multitude of situations against her alone, and only reporters were willing to talk to Annette one-on-one.

The reporters began to buzz at the woman's words. A similar interest floated on each person. Cameras and notebooks turned toward the woman.

"David Buckel? Are you the sister of Mr. Buckel who shot madam Valdemar?"

"Did your brother do it on his own will? On what business did you come to see the madam?"

"Have you heard anything from Mr. David Buckel?"

"I'm Rose Schwartz from Graphic, Inc! Can I interview you separately?"

"No!"

The woman's shrill cry made the surroundings quiet for an instant. She did not look at the reporters, but only at Annette from beginning to end.

For some reason, her clear and emotionless eyes made her heart skip a beat. The woman's lips slowly opened.

"I would like to see the madam in person. I had no choice but to come because I couldn't reach you, and I don't want to do any kind of interview with these people."

"Quickly, clear the area."

Heiner murmured overhead to his attendants. His voice was cold as usual, but somewhat angry.

"Well then, I'll look forward to hearing from you, madam."

The woman's last words were barely audible, drowned out by the reporters' questions. Heiner pulled Annette, who was standing in a daze, to his chest.

"Get on quickly."

"I ......"

"Hurry."

A decisive voice fell.

Annette wanted to get a closer look at the woman's face, but she had to walk, swept away by the force that embraced her shoulders.

"Madam Valdemar, just one reply...."

"You know why............"

All the sounds drifted away from her ears and just buzzed away like noise. Annette breathed in the familiar scent of Heiner.

Her head was dizzy, but only the desperate woman's face was oddly clear on her retinas.

'Where did I see that woman.....?'

Annette thought inadvertently, and recognized it after a few moments. She quickly turned her head and looked at the woman. Her vision repeatedly blurred and became clearer.