Chapter 4 - Naughty Scarlet;)

June 20, 2017- Hi guys! So this chapter is not edited. To read the edited version you'll have to go on Radish (A reading app.) It is for free- unless you want to read recent chapters before its released to everyone else. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is ... there is no point in correcting this because its already edited, just not on here. So you guys really don't need to waste your time unless you really want to, I guess. 

Anyway, Happy reading! Hope you like it.

--- 

Ralph Waldo Emerson once said "As soon as there is life, there is danger."

But is it true?

Is there no way to escape all kind of danger?

And most importantly is there a point?

The answer is no. There is no point of trying to escape danger because we live off of it, from a very young age, without even noticing.

We live for the rush that we feel when we are playing hide and seek and we hear someone getting closer.

We do things against our parents, to see if we are capable of doing it without
getting caught.

We go on roller coasters, to feel our hearts hammering in our chests.

When I was little I would always wonder why kids loved trampoline so much. What is so fun about them? What is the difference between jumping on the floor and jumping on the trampoline?

Trampoline gives us an illusion of danger, the height, the speed that you go down, the tricks you can do on it. It's completely safe but the illusion that you are getting while going down makes your heart skip a beat and your stomach drop.

And we love it because without danger there is no risk , without risk there is no adventure , without adventure there is no fun.

But is all kind of danger enjoyable?

The definition of dangerous is "Able or likely to cause physical injury."

In my opinion, every person in this world is dangerous.

Anybody can hurt you physically, whether it's a bite from a toddler or a punch from a street fighter hurting you physically is possible for anyone. Some can hurt you more then others but it's still physical pain.

What no body in this world will never teach you, is that mental pain is much more painful.

I have experienced it before.

The kind of pain that makes you rip your hair out and scream into your pillow, the kind of pain that no body can make it better. No doctors, no pills, no words can heal it.

The pain of betrayal, lies, deaths, endings, changes.

You have to sit there and take it.

The terrifying thing is, we are the ones who give the power to people to let them hurt us. Sometimes, without even noticing it.

Because of that reason, I have decided along time ago, to keep my walls up. I always keep people an arms length away to make sure they can't hurt me, I don't trust even my closest friends.