Chapter 30

In the distant reaches of the river domain, the operations of the OLVE New Alliance had effectively ceased, causing the once-organized small leaders to scatter. Refugees in various shelters were now deprived of basic necessities, forcing them back to the streets to beg or resort to theft. The security environment around Laoya Wharf and its neighboring towns deteriorated as a result. Local sheriffs once again sent urgent letters to the Lawrence City-State.

The newly elected chief of the Southern Cheeno tribe repeatedly violated the borders, driving away traders and planters, and even seized part of the river domain's land, disregarding the peace treaty signed by his predecessor.

Liam, training soldiers in the barracks, received a messenger's urgent letter, causing him to furrow his brow in confusion. He quickly tucked the letter into his chest and went out to discuss countermeasures with the elders.

Anina once again ventured into the mysterious corridor beneath her canyon villa, leading to the candle-lit altar, where she pleaded for her deity's appearance. Instead, she received the deity's anger and rebuke, viewed as a worthless person by the deity, someone who did not respect the deity's guidance, and was only concerned with personal grievances. Despite her fervent pleas and arguments, Anina could not regain the deity's trust. The promise of gold that the deity had made to her was now seemingly unattainable, leaving her to find a way to protect herself.

Heidi was summoned by the High Priest Osha and coldly given a transfer order. She would no longer serve at the Lawrence Temple but would be transferred to another temple on a distant continent. Heidi reluctantly relayed the message to Milia; although she didn't have to leave immediately, she could no longer be involved in the inner workings of the temple.

Milia hugged her friend, her heart filled with guilt and reluctance, but Heidi smiled and comforted her, "From the moment we decided to fight, we were prepared for this, weren't we? Don't worry about me; you're the one who needs to be stronger, they will surely come to deal with you."

Anina once again secretly visited Elder Gabriel's reception room. After instructing the servants to leave, Anina asked Gabriel to bring Kenny as well. She proposed a new plan to Gabriel. After hearing it, Kenny felt like he was falling apart. He stood up and shouted, "You're completely disregarding everything for personal revenge, trying to drag us all down?"

Ethan, steadfastly guarding Milia, though not living in the small clinic, came almost every day, bringing her a bouquet of freshly picked flowers from the field. They would ride horses by the lake, chatting about the past, which greatly improved Milia's mood.

One morning, Ethan had just set foot on the path in front of Milia's small clinic when he noticed something was wrong. There was a commotion ahead, with many neighbors and villagers crowding around, making a lot of noise, interspersed with the sound of doors and windows being smashed and things being broken.

Ethan hurriedly pushed through the crowd to the front and saw Milia being pushed out of the house by someone, causing her to fall to the ground at the door. Ethan rushed over to help her up, and Milia's face was covered in tears.

Ethan was about to turn and rush up to fight with those people, but Milia stopped him. Ethan then noticed that Liam was standing next to him, his face filled with helplessness. These were people sent by the gods from the realm of the gods, and they were the enforcers of the gods. The leaders and elders of each city-state had no authority to intervene in their actions.

"What happened?" Ethan asked anxiously. Milia wiped away the tears on her face and whispered, "They said I was impersonating a member of the Wolf Clan and not qualified to live among them. Moreover, I openly admitted to committing a crime, so I am not qualified to run the clinic."