xxvi

[Unedited]

The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies. ❞
➳➳➳

Alexander was never one to give up easily, what he wanted he got it and if he didn't then he killed. Killing innocent people had become a habit for him he enjoyed the power it gave him it made him feel stronger, he loved the pleading look on his victims faces and the way they begged for him to show mercy. Alexander was also a very charming and handsome man and he continues to be. With his ocean blue eyes, black thick hair, defined jawline and well-built body he still manages to catch the attention of many woman. He never had to beg a woman, they begged for a glimpse of him. All of them loved him but he never did except for two times. Alexander Hale only loved two women in his life and they both broke his cold heart making him the monster he is today. It's true when they say that a woman can change a man.

Paulina Cox was his first love and the one that hurt the most maybe because he had never experienced true heartbreak before. He first saw her when he was twenty years old, she lived at a dirty small house opposite his with her father. She was three years younger than him and the most beautiful girl he had ever lied eyes on. She had piercing green eyes which in the sunlight could be mistaken for blue, her nose was small and pointy, her heart-shaped lips always looked so pink and inviting and her hair was long and wavy and had a chocolate brown colour reaching down to her waist. She had a petite frame but he adored it because the way she got on her tiptoes to kiss him and the way he held her up in his arms and spun her around always put a smile on his face. She was perfect, almost too perfect to be real.

After of two years of being secretly together, because of her abusing father, she suddenly disappeared and then one night while roaming the streets in a drunken state his eyes fell on a small figure of a girl inside a building who was standing in the row with some other girls. Even in the state he was in he knew that it was Paulina, his Paulina. He approached the small old looking building and looked through the window with curiosity. When he read the sign on the door and saw the way the girls were dressed he realized what was really happening. His Paulina was now a prostitute, someone who was giving her body to men for money. He could give her the money, the love, the happiness, he could give her the moon if she asked for it but instead of staying with him she decided to do that.

That night is printed on his mind forever, he was so angry and he felt so betrayed and heartbroken. He still remembers the shock and embarrassment in her big green eyes when she saw him enter inside and demand to take her for the night. He took her in his house and he screamed at her, he yelled so loud the neighbours could hear but she didn't speak at all not even for apology and at that moment something snapped inside of him. It was the monster that awakened. He took her by force and she cried and cried, hot tears running down her porcelain face. After weeks she came back telling him that she was pregnant with his child and asked for protection but he didn't believe her. She was a broken doll and that was the last time he ever saw her again.

Veronica Starr was the second love of his life - if you could call it that - it was more like an obsession he developed with her. He met her five years later at the company they worked in together. They never became more than just friends and he was always forced to look and observe her from afar wondering what it felt like to be kissed or touched by her in an intimate way. That's until Maxwell Starr came into the picture. Veronica seemed to develop a crush on him it was like a spell and she couldn't stop thinking and talking about him to Alexander. One night he confessed his feelings to her and finally kissed her but her response wasn't the one he wanted to hear.