xxxix

[Unedited]

Maybe you're gonna be the one that saves me.❞

➳➳➳

[Angel's POV]

My eyes were glued on Louis as I waited for him to finally break the silence and tell me what he had found about my parents. I didn't know much since I was only ten years old when they died, but I knew that we weren't a poor family. My father owned a big company and my mother worked there with him, but I was never treated any differently from the other kids.

My parents liked to keep things simple and didn't brag about their wealth. I attended a public school and I didn't receive expensive gifts from them, neither did we have maids or drivers. We were a normal family. That's until of course they were murdered.

I remember that night very well. The horrible sounds of the gunshots and my mother's screams. I remember running out of my room and going to the kitchen calling for my parents only to find them both dead and covered in blood, lying on the floor, lifeless- dead. I was scared and panicked and I called for help but no one came and I walked out of the house, running away and hoping to find someone to help me. But I never did and I eventually got lost.

I never learnt what happened with the company or if we had any relatives that were looking for me. Alexander found me, wandering in the dark alleys and took me under his protection. He didn't let me get out of the Dollhouse for a long time, he said that it was dangerous, that the people that killed my parents were after me and I believed him like a foolish little girl that I was. Back then I didn't know what he was capable of doing, I thought of him as a caring man and not the cruel, cold-hearted man that he was. It's now that I understand that he had everything planned out. It wasn't a coincidence that he found me that night, nine years ago, it was all perfectly planned out.

I also believed Ethan and thought he was my friend. He was the only one out of everyone in the Dollhouse that approached me and tried to talk to me after six years of staying there. He was a handsome guy with confidence and he knew exactly what to say to make you like him. So I fell for it. I slowly developed a liking towards him, he was my first crush and the one that hurt me the most. I trusted him, I was blinded by his nice words and sweet actions to see what his true intentions were and when I did it was already too late. He crashed me physically and emotionally, even thinking about it now made me shiver in disgust.

"Angelina, are you okay? You look pale." I heard Louis say, snapping me out of my thoughts. I turned my attention to him nodding my head slowly and placing my hands on my lap to stop them from shaking.

"I'm fine." I told him, smiling weakly.

"Are you sure?" Harry asked, his green eyes looking at me intently with a frown on his face.

"Yes. Now, please Louis tell me what you found." I said, looking at him.

"I will tell you everything, Angelina. Don't worry. But first I need you to explain to me what happened the night your parents died. How did Alexander find you?" He asked and pursed his lips together waiting for my reply.

I took a deep breath and parted my lips to speak.

"It was late at night a-and I was sleeping. My mum entered my room, s-she was scared but she tried to reassure me that everything would be fine. Gunshots were heard and she told me to hide before she left my room." I started to say, my voice small. Louis' bright blue eyes were watching me the whole time and he offered me a sad smile. "A-another gunshot was heard, I remember getting out of my room and going downstairs calling their names. I found them, lying on the floor lifeless. T-they were dead. He had killed them." I continued, my voice cracking in the end as my eyes got watery. I felt someone's warm hand on my shoulder and I glanced up to see Harry standing next to me. He knelt down and planted a kiss on the back of my hand before squeezing it in his hand.