xxxii

[Unedited]

Maybe I lied when I said I was okay. ❞

➳➳➳

[Angel's POV]

Beep... Beep

"It's your fault."

Beep... Beep

"How the hell it's my fault?"

"You gave her the damn drugs!" the first voice spoke again. It was a woman and she sounded quite familiar but I couldn't figure out who exactly it was.

"I didn't think things would get this far. Also, you know very well that it wasn't only the drugs that caused this. She fucking hit her head on the wall." The second one responded, raising his voice a bit. It was a guy. I knew him. He was Matt.

I could only hear them talking but I couldn't see them. Everything was black, darkness surrounded me and I started panicking. What happened to me? Where was I?

Beep...Beep

What was that annoying sound? I tried to open my mouth to speak, but yet again nothing.

My head was pounding, it felt like someone had hit me on the head several times. The pain was almost unbearable. Also, my mouth was dry. I needed water.

"Fuck Matt. Fuck this. We are both responsible for this. If she or anyone speaks to the police, this time we won't manage to escape. We were lucky." the woman said.

It was Hayley. What were they doing here?

What were they talking about? I couldn't stay like this anymore. I had to wake up.

I moved my body on the hard bed, groaning as pain shot through my body and I took a deep breath, finally managing to open my eyes. At the beginning my vision was blurry and I couldn't see properly but after blinking a few times everything was clear.

I was in a hospital room, the white dull walls and smell of antiseptic told me that. My eyes looked around the small room and I spotted Matt and Hayley near the door, having a heated conversation. Then, my eyes trailed to my arms and up to my chest where a few patches were placed with wires, linking me to the heart monitor by the bed.

What had happened to me?

I couldn't remember much from the night before, only that I was at the party and then I think the police came. Everything in-between that was a complete blur. Why was Hayley talking about drugs? I didn't take anything... I think.

"Hayley. Matt." I managed to choke out. They both turned their heads immediately to look at me and I saw as their eyes widened in surprise and relief.

"Thank God you're finally awake." Hayley exclaimed rushing to my side as I tried to sit up on my elbows, but I felt exhausted. My arms were shaking and I eventually collapsed on the bed again.

"I need water." I whispered.

"Oh, yes. Shit! I forgot. You must be dehydrated." she said panicking. Her hands flew everywhere as she searched for the glass of water that was standing right next to my bed.

"It's there Hayley." I said, looking at it with my eyes. She sighed deeply, running a hand through her messy hair, and took it in her hand before placing it between my lips and helping me drink it.