xlii

[Unedited]

I've heard many lies, but you tell the best ones.

➳➳➳

[Angel's POV]

I stood frozen as I watched him with eyes wide in shock and lips parted. I wanted to call his name-- say something, but I didn't have the strength to do it so I simply stared at him. The cloth I was holding in my hands slipped down my fingers and fell to the ground, signalling the kids that the game was over. I heard some of them whine in protest, but I didn't pay attention to them because the only person I cared about at the moment stood a few feet away from me and he was mad at me.

He hated me.

I could tell just by looking into his dark eyes, they weren't warm anymore, they were cold and the hatred behind them made me stay still in my place. I was afraid to approach him, he looked like he would lose control at any minute and I didn't want him to start yelling in front of the kids. They didn't deserve to have their party ruined because of my mistakes.

Harry pressed his lips into a thin line, his jaw tensing the more he looked at me. I knew that this would happen, he would learn about me being here with Ethan and he would put the pieces together, I just wanted to be the one to tell him. Maybe then he would have appreciated my honesty and he wouldn't be this angry at me, but no. He learned it from someone else and I don't even what to know what he is thinking of me now, many senarios playing in his head. Maybe he thinks that what I felt for him or what I told him was a lie.

No. I don't want him to think that.

It's true. I lied and I kept the truth from him for a long time, when I should have just told him, but I did it to protect him from Alexander. Even if I told him it wouldn't change a thing. Harry is no threat to him, Alexander has been around a lot and so has his, so called, business. He has his connections and he also knows how to deal with those who defy him. He made himself clear that day at the funeral, if I didn't follow his order he would kill the ones I loved and no one could stop him. He had done it before and he could do it again. No one could stop him, not even Harry.

Now that he knows something, though, I'm growing even more scared. Harry is short tempered and has some serious anger problems so I don't know what to expect next. I don't what him to go to Alexander like a mad person or do something he would later regret- like kill Ethan. If he does that then I won't be able to protect him from Alexander.

I had to go and talk to him, try and explain what happened to him and make him understand. I took a hesitant step towards his direction and Harry saw that before starting to walk away in a fast pace. I panicked as I saw him walking away from me and ran behind him, ignoring the kids whose loud pleas filled my ears.

He was heading towards his car and I stopped near the gate as tears filled up my eyes, but I refused to let them fall. I could hear the loud beating of my heart and I exhaled deeply, placing my trembling hands on the cold metal bars of the gate. I was being suffocated, all the emotions I was feeling we're driving me insane. I opened and closed my mouth a few time as I tried to say something.

"Harry!" I called his name, loud enough for him to hear and stop momentaly. His hands which was about to open the car's door paused and he stood there. His chest was raising and falling with each breath he took and his hand clenched into a tight fist. I took a step closer to him and he didn't move, encouraging me to keep going.

"Please, let me explain." I asked. My voice didn't crack as I said that and I mentally thanked myself for being strong. "Please." I added when he didn't respond.

Harry took a sharp breath as he slowly turned his head towards my direction. His hard gaze locked with my pained one and he shook his head.

"There is nothing to say, Angelina." He said calmly. He was trying hard to contain his anger, his fist was shaking. He looked like he wanted to punch something or someone.