Patience

EDITED: 02/07/2023

8 - Patience

One of Bulla's favorite holiday traditions was decorating the Christmas trees. Brief Manor had four Christmas trees, but Bulla could remember a time when there had been at least a dozen trees inside the manor. Over the years, her mother had dwindled the number of trees to the four they had now. There was one in the entrance hall, for all the guests to see. Two of them stood in the ballroom at a proud twenty feet tall, and the last one was in the den for family and close friends.

A team of decorators would be arriving the next day to decorate the ballroom and the two giant trees inside of it, so all Bulla had to focus on was fixing up the tree in the entrance hall and the one in the den. She grabbed Pan after breakfast and pulled her sleepy best friend behind her as they started on the tree at the entrance hall first.

Pan was not a morning person. On most mornings, it took her between an hour - an hour in a half and a few cups of coffee for her to be her normal self. Although the last few days, Pan had been in a good mood in the mornings; Bulla knew it had to do with the fact her brother was home. But the way she was acting this morning made Bulla super suspicious. Pan's dark eyes were wide and bright. There were no, 'do not bother me' scowls or bags under her eyes. She was smiling and humming to herself as she moved around the tree in the entrance hall to decorate it.

They had only been working on the tree for half an hour when Bulla could no longer take it. She glanced around the tree and looked at her best friend curiously. "Did you and Trunks have sex?"

Pan's cheeks instantly turned a dark red and she choked on the tune she had been humming. "W-What the hell, Bulla?!" She gasped.

"What?" Bulla frowned. "You're all hums and smiles this morning."

Pan scoffed, offended. "I'm allowed to be in a good mood."

"Yeah," she said slowly. "But you're usually not in the morning, so it's suspicious." Bulla walked around the tree and crossed her arms as she stopped in front of her friend. "So, spill the tea. What is it that has you in such a good mood this morning?"

Pan glanced around the hall nervously, and Bulla bit back a snort. Goten had snuck Trunks away to the Gravity Room after breakfast to get out of decorating the entrance hall tree, and her parents let Bulla have full control.

"Trunks and I did not have -" Pan breathed deeply, the dark blush spreading down her neck now. Bulla smirked, it was a shame her brother couldn't see this; he would go crazy. "We didn't have sex," she whispered. "But we did sleep together last night in his bed."

"Way to go, Panny!" Bulla grinned as she grabbed her friend's shoulders. "How did that happen?"

"I woke up from a nightmare," she mumbled. "I was going to go downstairs and draw like I usually do when I have nightmares, but without even thinking about it, I ended up at Trunks' door. He had woken up earlier and had gone to train in the Gravity Room. He caught me in front of his door, and dang Goten told him that I still have nightmares so Trunks took me into his room. He took a shower and I crawled into the bed, and then we fell asleep."

Bulla narrowed her eyes as she leaned down to look at Pan closer. She was hiding something. "Are you sure all you did was sleep?"

"Well, we cuddled," Pan broke into a dreamy smile. She slapped her hands on her cheeks, her eyes were in a daze. "He held me all night."

Bulla leaned back and chuckled in amusement. "And?" She prodded as she squeezed Pan's shoulders. "Is that it?"

Pan's hands came down and she smiled shyly, "We talked, too. About us." She took a deep breath, "He told me he liked me, Bulla!"