Off

EDITED: 05/28/2023

16 - Off

Bulla closed her eyes and leaned back against her beach chair and let out a sigh as the warm sun rays hit her. It was the middle of November, and winter was beginning to creep in for most of the country and cast its gloomy grey clouds across the skies. But at South City, the air was still warm and the beach was beautiful. That's why the younger Saiyans had decided that it was time for a vacation in the sunny city before Christmas arrived.

Trunks had done a great job at cleaning up the city and making it look clean and pretty. If Bulla hadn't known better, she wouldn't have thought a Shadow Dragon had even been in the city.

A weight settled down on the end of Bulla's chair and she opened her eyes to see Pan. She had a puffy blue beach towel wrapped around her black bikini, and the ends of her black hair were wet.

"I thought Trunks was teaching you how to surf," Bulla said.

"He was," Pan agreed, "but he and Goten started arguing over how to surf correctly. They're racing on the waves now -" she pointed to the blue sea behind them. "I wasn't ready for that, so I excused myself."

"Awh, Goten ruined your chance to flirt with my brother, how said," Bulla teased. At Pan's side-eye, she laughed and leaned forward. "Come here," she hurried over on the chair. It was big enough for the both of them to lie down comfortably. "Come tan with me."

"I don't tan, I burn," Pan muttered, but she laid back beside Bulla anyway. "I hope you put on some sort of skin protection before doing this. Even though it's fall -"

"Relax, Mom," Bulla nudged Pan's shoulder. "I put some lotion on before coming out."

Pan was a few inches shorter than Bulla, so Bulla had to lean down a bit to place her head on her best friend's shoulder. She sighed and enjoyed the warm breeze and the sound of Ming laughing a few yards away as Gohan and Marron helped her build a sandcastle.

"Do you want to go dress shopping tomorrow?" Pan asked.

Bulla lifted her head and looked over at Pan. "Who are you and what have you done with my best friend?"

Pan rolled her eyes, "Haha."

"Seriously?" Bulla raised an eyebrow.

Pan nodded. "It's for the Christmas Ball next month. Trunks was wanting to skip it, but since he's the CEO of the company hosting it, he's kinda required to make an appearance."

"And he convinced you to go with him?"

"He pouted until I gave in."

Bulla snickered, "You're such a sucker for his pout, I swear."

"I can't help it," Pan sighed dreamily before they both laughed.

"I'm always down to go shopping," Bulla said. She turned her head and yelled, "Marron! Do you want to go dress shopping with me and Panny tomorrow?"

Marron grinned as she dusted the sand off her legs. "I'm in!" She glanced down at Ming, who was covered in sand, "Okay, you little beach bum. Let's go back to the condo so you can take a shower."

"Don't wanna!" Ming frowned.

Gohan stood up and grabbed Ming, who laughed as he threw her in the air. "Come on, Ming-Ming. We brought bath bombs for you. You can be a mermaid."

Suddenly, cold water flung against Bulla's bare shoulder and back and she screeched as she turned around to glare at her boyfriend. "Goten!" She hissed.

"You don't want to be a mermaid too?" He asked as he shook his hair again.

"I like my legs!" Bulla huffed and wiggled her toes.