Dinner

Chapter 6-Dinner

The days passed quickly leading up to Starfire's 16th birthday. Robin became more nervous by the second. It was late after noon and Star had not yet returned from the stylist that was doing her hair and make-up. They were going to have a small party for her at the tower and then Robin was taking her out to a fancy restaurant that he had reservations at. He had been planning for this day a month in advanced and wanted everything to be perfect. It seemed so easy when he put it together but as the time grew nearer he began to have doubts. He was half dressed for their evening out. He wore black slacks with a black shiny leather belt with a small silver buckle. He wore a sleek ruby red nicely pressed polo shirt. His cuffs were buckled and his collar neatly folded in place, all buttons were done except the first two, lightly showing off the top part of his chest. His black tie hung loosely around his collar and dangled just pass his pecks, while his shirt remained un-tucked. He also wore his sunglasses and his hair was brushed and gelled sporting a less wild side but still kept its restlessness. Robin began to make his way out of his room patting a side pocket to feel his little surprise securely in place. As he entered the living room all preparations were set-up to wish Star a happy birthday. He lightly smiled as he saw Beast Boy, Raven, and Cyborg giving the room the last finishing touches. Beast Boy and Cyborg agreed upon a sponge cake with non-dairy whipped-topping for Stars birthday cake. Balloons hung everywhere. A large banner that read 'Happy 16th B-Day Starfire!' hung highly above the large screen TV. The kitchen table had a happy birthday pink and purple tablecloth covering it. The punch, glasses, plates, napkins, utensils, and cake were placed on it. Just as he neared the table he herd a noise in the garage and out came Starfire with her hair done, make-up on, and fingernails polished. Robin approached her quickly scooping her up into a hug.

"Happy birthday baby." Robin said whispering in her ear.

"Thank you." She whispered back placing a kiss on his cheek.

"What? That's all I get? I haven't seen you the whole day and you just give me a peck on the cheek?" Robin complained a sarcastic smile playing on his lips.

"Oh, here let me make it up to you sweetie." She teased into his ear as she ran a newly polished fingernails up his chest. He shivered in anticipation as her hand traveled. Finally he couldn't take it no more. He leaned his head down and captured her lips in a matter of seconds.

"There that was better." Robin said smugly after he broke the kiss. Star just giggled and smiled lightly at him.

"Happy Birthday Star!" The gang shouted as Star and Robin entered the living room.

"Thank you so much friends." Star squealed happily as she admired the room for all its wonderful decorations.

"Ya, we would have did more but Rob wouldn't let us. He says he's got to much planed for ya, so we couldn't keep you long." Cyborg winked slyly at her.

Star just looked up at Robin after Cy's comment to see him grinning like a mad man. Star laughed lightly when he winked at her. She couldn't wait for what Robin had in store for their night out. But she couldn't help but feel a little uneasy as she thought back to her home planet and about the rules for a princess ordered that she be engaged by her sixteenth birthday to one of the princes. She just hoped her parents did not try anything.

Meanwhile back on her home planet Star's worst fear was being forced inside the throne room of the palace.

~ In Tammeran ~

"You have shown us much loyalty and support with your kingdom Prince Bluefire." The older king said as he sat upon his throne.

"And for this we offer the hand of our youngest daughter Princess Starfire." The king offered as a payment for the Prince's services.