Chapter 1- Sick

He laid back into the soft green bed of grass and sighed. The birds chirped around him as he shut his eyes and just listened and felt his surrounding area. He grabbed some grass in his hand and lightly felt it with the tips of his fingers. The blades pricked against his arms softly and tickled his neck. He chuckled to himself at his state of pure bliss he was in. What made it better was the whispering of sweet nothings in his ear that made him giggle uncontrollably. The voice was gentle and deep as it whispered to him. The setting sun drifted over his body and the sky began to grow dark.

"LOUIS?!?!?"

Louis Tomlinson's body shot up from the ground and he looked around. The voice disappeared as soon as he opened his eyes. Just like it always had. Louis stood up and brushed the grass blades off of his bright red shorts. He looked around but the whoever was speaking to him was nowhere in sight.

"LOUIS! DINNER!"

Louis turned around to face towards his house. He breathed in one last breath of night air before taking off towards the house. As he reached the door he was greeted by his mother who had the same comforting smile on her face. She patted his back and sent him to go wash up.

Jay Tomlinson walked out of the house and into the open field behind the Tomlinson home. She sighed noticing the same thing she always had. No one was there. She would walk out to water her garden and hear her only son in a fit of giggles or talking to air. She only wished Louis could understand what was happening. She didn't want to scare him too much though.

As she walked back inside she saw Louis staring down into his soup. Louis was a quiet boy. He didn't talk that much and if he did talk to anyone it was to Jay or when he was outside. Even Louis' sisters hadn't heard him speak in the longest time. Jay knew her son was an outsider. She knew a lot about Louis that he didn't even know, But even if she told him he wouldn't believe her.

"Louis? How was your day sweetheart"

Louis shrugged his head still bowed down, eyes on the floor. Louis knew that if he talked to anyone they'd think he's weird. No one believed him when he talked to them about the voices. They all thought the same of him. Louis was crazy in the eyes of those people.

"My day....it was ok" He replied as he began to eat his soup letting the liquid trickle down his throat.

His mother smiled largely that she had gotten him to at least speak. "Thats nice...Anything new?"

Louis smiled as he bit his lip at his thoughts. The slow voice clouded his mind as the recent conversation replayed. "Well....Not really not really... She jus-"

"Louis....Don't tell me you heard her again" Jay sighed as she walked in the kitchen and began to scrub the dishes in the sink clean.

Louis jumped out of his seat and followed her into the kitchen. "I did though mum. She's .... her voice..its..so..different"

"That how voices work Lou. Everyones voice is different."

Louis sighed and shook his head. He knew that voice was something special. He turned and headed up the stairs slowly dragging his feet. As he reached his bedroom door he opened it to reveal his bedroom. Being as creative as he was. He would draw everything he saw in a journal and put the pictures on his walls. He barely remembered the color they were painted because to many pages of his creativity covered the surface.

Thats what Louis' mother told him it was. Creativity. Everytime someone said that nothing was there Louis shook his head and told them the one thing his mom always did "Wheres your creativity?"

Louis walked up to his desk and started rummaging through some drawers. He finally found a notepad and grabbed a pencil along with it. This time instead of drawing he walked over to his window and sat on the windowsill. He looked out the window over looking the field and sighed as he began jotting down every sweet thing the voice whispered into his ear.

~

"Mom?" Lottie got Jays attention as she came around the corner and into the kitchen where her mother was drying off her hands from washing dishes.

"Yes sweetie?" She turned to her daughter and set the towel down.

"When you say Louis is creative....Is it really just creativity?.."

Jay sighed stressed out as she ran a hand through her hair. "Lottie, the thing about your brother is....he doesn't take the truth too well."

"Hes sick isn't he.."

Jay nodded and the room went silent.

Louis was sick. A special type of sickness but Louis was sick. Not in the coughing way or the way that would make you shiver even when you had a pile of warm blankets on top of you or where you got goosebumps. No, Louis was sick in the head. The funny thing is...Louis didn't know.