Chapter 6- Watching Sunsets

"Cupcake!" Louis ran out of his house and down to the grass Lynsey sat in the tree. Louis wore shorts so the tall grass tickled his bare legs as he walked. The wind blew through the trees so the only sound were rusting of branches and the sweet ringing of a wind chime from the Tomlinson's porch.

Jay had gone to a conference with Louis' teachers about how he was getting off task very easily. Louis had taken the opportunity to sneak away from his sister and go visit the girl thats been on his mind.

"Boobear!" She called back as she turned in the tree to see the striped wearing boy come towards him.

Louis sighed happily as he approached the tree. The sun was barely starting to set but shadows still showed faded outlines on the fields.

Blue eyes drifted up to the top of the tree seeing the breath taking image of the paler girl. Her curls blew back slightly in the wind while her brown eyes gleamed. Her facial features stood out in the light of the sun.

"Cupcake?" Lyndsey cocked her head slightly.

Louis' cheeks turned a bright pink and he rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "Uh yeah...It kind of just slipped out"

"Its cute. I like it." She grinned slightly before jumping out of the tree with ease, "So what brings you here?"

"I wanted to get to know you more" Louis answered as he sat down in the tall grass.

Lyndsey sat down as well laying back and tucking her arms under her head. She shrugged and stared up at the cloudless sky of pinks and yellows and oranges. "Beautiful isn't it..."

Louis laid back along with Lyndsey and looked at what she was talking about. It really was a stunning picture. "Mhmm... Not as beautiful as you though" Louis slightly mumbled.

Even though they had just met and Louis knew next to nothing about Lyndsey it felt so right to have Lyndsey laying beside him.

Louis' eyes turned from the sky and over to Lyndsey. Lyndsey's pale lips were slightly parted and she seemed to be in deep thought.

"What do you wanna know about me?" Lyndsey asked still looking up.

"Why are you always behind my house?" Louis chuckled thinking that was an obvious question.

"Well..." Lyndsey started as she sat up and turned to Louis, "Im here to make you happy..."

Louis blushed even deeper then before. The thought of this girl wanting to make him happy sent a cage of butterflies loose in his stomach.

With saying that it also got Louis thinking about how unhappy he really was. He thought about his family. He thought about all the lies he's was being told by everyone. How people thought that he was crazy because he didn't have any friends and when he talked he sounded insane.

"They don't understand! They think I'm crazy! They think I'm some type of lunatic like I don't fit in! Its not my fault no one will except me! Im not insane!! Im not psycho! Im just Louis!!! Thats who I a-"

"I don't think your crazy..."

"What?" Louis wiped his tears from his eyes slightly , "You don't?"

"No...I think your perfect" Lyndsey took Louis' hand in her own and kissed it. "Thats why you don't fit in...your too perfect.."

~

Louis' quickly made his way up to his room tripping over a few stairs but gaining his balance as his mom pulled up. He wasn't aloud out in the field so he was fortunate he had those few hours away from his mom that he could lay right next to Lyndsey and get lost in her eyes.

Louis shut his door right before his mom walked in carrying several bags of groceries.

"LOUIS WILLIAM TOMLINSON!" Jay shouted as she set the bags onto the counter. She marched up the stairs angrily deep breathing to try to stay calm.

Louis heard her get closer with each thud sinking down into his bed.

Jay opened the door and walked over to where Louis sat on his bed. "Louis! Why did all of your teachers today tell me you were constantly talking about seeing this girl!?"

"Lyndsey...." Louis responded quietly.

"Lyndsey! Whatever her name is! Who is this girl and why did your art teacher give me these!?!" Jay replied loudly throwing a pile of sketches in front of Louis.

Louis picked up the pictures in front of him as his eyes scanned over them. They were the many pictures of Lyndsey that Louis had randomly started drawing in class. "She likes sunsets..and zebras"

Jay crossed her arms over her chest and let out a short sigh "I don't care what she likes Louis! Who is she?! Where do you know her from!?"

There was a long pause before Louis answered, "...She listens..." Louis whispered which sent Jay boiling over.

"Louis! I care about you! You have to understand that I'm asking you this because I care!! Tell me who this Lyndsey girl is!!"

"STOP YELLING!!! STOP IT!!!! PLEASE STOP!!!" Louis cried burring his face in his blankets. He started sobbing violently as he shaked slightly.

Jay sighed and sat next to her son. She rubbed his back soothingly. She really did hate having to yell at Louis. Having to go to all these meetings and hear that her son is ill. It honestly made her heart break seeing him like this.

"I care..." She whispered softly before kissing his head lightly and leaving the room.

Dear Journal,

It seems me and my mom are getting in more and more fights each day, But with each day I grow fonder and fonder of Lyndsey. She listens to me and she always knows how to make me smile. Sometimes I wonder why I haven't brought up the subject of running away with her. I mean I have thought about it multiple times. It seems as if Lyndsey was made just for me.... She's like a miracle. She's my miracle.

Anyway, I hung up all the pictures that I drew of her on my wall. She says that even when I don't see her she's always there. So who knows maybe she's with me right now. If she is...I want her to know that I think I love her.