Chapeter 7- Disoriented

Jay Tomlinson picked the striped shirts from the floor and threw them into the hamper to be washed. Louis and the girls were at school so she was taking the moment to clean the kids rooms.

As she looked around Louis' she saw the recently put up pictures. All hand drawn and obviously of a young Lady. Jay took one off carefully and studied it. In this specific picture the female was seated underneath a tree, much like the willow out back.

She looked at the other pictures. Each one containing the girl and something that reminded her of the field out back. Whether it be the tree, the tall grass, the hills, or patched of flowers.

Jay sighed and pulled all of the pictures off the walls and folded them up stuffing them into her pocket as she continued cleaning.

She went to make Louis' bed, pulling off the blanket and bed sheets. Under the pillow though she found something, A notebook.

~

Louis watched rain drops race down then car window playing a game with himself in his mind, betting which one was gonna hit the bottom first. Louis sat in the passengers seat next to his mom as they drove to who knows where. He didn't recognize the area around him much but he really had no interest in finding out where they were.

The sounds of the rain pitter pattering on the car roof made Louis' thoughts subside. Everything was so calm and peaceful in his life now and days. All his unreasonable stress was gone and he learned that he shouldn't listen to anything anyone said that was bad about him. He was him.

Lyndsey always tells Louis that being himself is the best he can be, because he himself is perfect. Louis would obviously shake his head and turn away, completely disagreeing but it felt good to him to know that Lyndsey talked about him like that.

Jay looked over at her son. He looked so happy. He looked like he was lost in his own little world. Jay notice the soft glow of pink on her little boys face.

He wasn't a little boy anymore though. He was 16 and by the looks of what he was going through, He was head over heels in love. "Louis?.."

Louis didn't look up but stared off into the distance still flustered. Jay sighed and focused her attention back to the road. The windshield wipers and rain were the only sounds that could be heard. She turned into the parking lot of a smaller building.

It was a cozy little building. Wood with a few trees out front and a welcome mat out front. On the door was a black plaque with silver lettering saying a name.

Louis bit his lip nervously as his mom parked and got out of the car. He sat in the car and watched as she turned towards him gesturing him out. Louis' slowly nodded and opened the door. He made his way over to his mom, slightly scared of the new area. She patted his back slightly and led him towards the door.

As they walked in the building Louis curiously looked around. A brown leather couch sat in the room along with several chairs and a coffee table with magazines scattered across it. A TV sat in the corner of the room on some random educational channel. "Take a seat, sweetie" Louis' mom smiled warmly and sat on the couch.

Louis hesitated then sat down next to her sighing slightly, "What is this?"

He caught Jays attention and she turned toward him with that same smile, "A waiting room"

"I know that" Louis rolled his eyes and looked around some more further studying the interior decorations of the room, "What are we waiting for?"

Jay didn't respond. She just brushed away the question and picked up a cooking magazine. Louis looked down and ran a hand through his hair sighing loudly.