Chapter 9- Love

"Louis" Jay knocked against his door softly and put her ear up against it, "Are you alright?"

Jay had worried about her son all day at work. She didn't seem to get anything done with Louis on her mind. He hadn't been speaking to anyone. Well anyone except for himself.

Jay entered Louis' room once she hadn't gotten an answer back. His room was an absolute wreck. The girls definitely weren't lying about that. Jay stepped over the piles of clothes and towards the window on the opposite side of the room.

Jay sat Louis' journal on the window sill while she examined his room. One of the two things she noticed right away was the new paintings and drawing that hung on the walls around the window. The second thing she noticed was once she looked out the window she saw Louis sitting in the field, talking to someone. The sad thing was that there was no one sitting next to him.

Louis sat cross legged next to Lyndsey, telling her all about his mom and sisters, "They just don't understand me. She says your in my imagination! Your real right?"

Lyndsey's lips formed a small pout and she looked up slightly. Louis had noticed that this was Lyndsey's thinking face. Louis had noticed several of Lyndsey's attributes. How strangely small her hands were, or how her chocolate eyes had golden flakes in them.

"To some extent" Lyndsey decided to say as she started picking at the grass.

Louis cocked a brow in curiosity but rolled his eyes instead of asking her what that meant, "Shes tried giving me this pill for the past few days. I say I take it, but it almost always just ends up buried in a flower bed out front."

Lyndsey chuckled and turned back to Louis, "Thats a flower bed? I thought that was a patch of dried up dirt"

Louis snickered and shook his head, "No its a flower bed. Who knows, maybe those pills have some magical vitamin that will actually help my mom grow something"

Lyndsey let out a laugh as she placed her hand over her mouth. She giggled lightly, her hand muffling the sound.

The fact that Lyndsey would laugh no matter how bad the joke just made her even more amazing then she already was.

"What's so bad about taking the pills?" Lyndsey asked and played with the strings of Louis' jacket, tying them together.

Louis rubbed the back of his neck and looked to the younger, "Mom says that if I take the pill it'll make me stop seeing you"

"Oh" Lyndsey murmured.

Louis nodded softly and turned his body to face Lyndsey, "I just want someone to tell me the truth...I don't want to be lied to anymore. I know your real. Will you please tell me the truth?" Louis pleaded his eyes filled with innocence.

Lyndsey sighed deeply as she placed a hand on Louis' shoulder, "The truth hurts, Lou"

Louis' eyes filled with tears as he looked away and down to the ground, "I am..aren't I?"

"Huh?"

"Im crazy aren't I...Your not real..."

Lyndsey gave a half smile before tilting Louis' head up by his chin, "I can be whatever you want to think" She whispered as their eyes met.

Louis was mesmerized by how beautiful Lyndsey looked. Her stunning brown eyes, Her pale and clear complexion, Her strawberry curls that always found home laying against Louis' chest, And those smooth pale pink lips. The lips that taunted Louis.

The blue eyed boy, reached his hand up to cup Lyndsey's cheek as Lyndsey leaned in slowly. There lips connected in a graceful way. Thats the only way Louis' could describe it. The kiss was graceful.

"Louis!" The familiar worried tone came from the direction of his house, "Come inside! You dinner is up in your room along with your pill!"

They both pulled back quickly after they heard the voice. "You kissed me" Louis whispered happily.

Lyndsey nodded and gestured towards Louis' mom.

"Coming!" Louis shouted as he got up and ran towards the back door.

"Lou..." Lyndsey's voice came out small as she stood up.

Louis turned around and took a few steps toward her "Ya?..."

"I really like you..."

Louis' face lit up as Lyndsey said that, "I-I uhh"

"Gotta go?" Lyndsey chuckled a bit, "I'll see you tomorrow?"

Louis nodded before he ran into the house, avoiding his family at the table and making his way up to his room.

Once he got upstairs he couldn't help but giggle like a little girl. He looked out his window and saw that Lyndsey wasn't there anymore. He opened up the window with a wide smile on his face before yelling out, "I love Lyndsey!!!"

He chuckled to himself then looked down at the window sill..."My journal..." He whispered picking it up before making his way back over to his bed where his dinner sat along with the small pill on his plate. "No" He groaned and put it in his pocket so he could later bury it.

He picked up his fork and was about to start eating until he caught sight of a pencil fairly close to him. He smiled brightly and grabbed the pencil, pushing his plate away from him and grabbing his journal.

He bit at the end of the pencil thinking about what to write first as he flipped to an available page.

Dear Journal,

I Love Lyndsey.

He laughed at himself as he closed the journal. Thats all he had to write. He was in love.