Chapter 8- For The Best

Dinner was almost ready and Louis had practically torn his room apart. All of his clothes were practically on the floor from him digging through his dresser. No matter how hard he looked he just couldn't find his journal.

This wasn't one of those things that you could ask your mom to find and it would magically appear in a place that you were sure you already checked. This was a journal full of Louis' thoughts and drawings. It was like his secret world. He had no desire for his mom to see it any time soon.

Louis proceeded to look for it, pulling stuff out from underneath his bed and going through shelves of books until he heard a knock at his door.

"Louis! Dinner time!" Daisy and Phoebe called as they ran into his room.

Daisy's mouth dropped open as she took in the sight of Louis' floor which was almost no longer visible because of the amount of stuff covering it. "Mom is going to get so mad at you once she sees this!"

Phoebe rolled her eyes and grabbed Louis' hand taking him downstairs, "Don't be such a snitch Daisy."

Daisy scoffed and took her older brother's other hand. They both pulled Louis downstairs as they argued about little random things that didn't matter much to him.

Once downstairs Louis tugged away and walked over to his mother who was putting food on their plates. Louis' reached out for his plate so he could carry it upstairs and eat in the privacy of his room but his hand was suddenly moved back by his mom. "Sorry Louis, Tonight were all eating at the table"

Louis stared at his mom, a rather confused look on his face. He shrugged his shoulder and went to sit down as Lottie set the table, "Hows it going, Lou?" She asked as she placed the plates of food on the placemats in front of where everyone sat.

"Hi Lottie...." Louis muttered as he picked up a fork and started pecking at his food with the utensil.

They all ate in awkward silence but Louis didn't notice. He only had one thing on his mind.

"The reason I wanted us all to eat together is because..Well, I have an announcement to make, And it is mainly about Louis."

Louis' head shot up from his plate and titled to the side with curiosity, "What?"

Jay sighed and placed her fork down, "Ok Louis, this may take some adjusting too but our visit to the therapist the other day made it obvious that you need help."

Louis still looked at her like he had no idea what she was talking about, "Was I bad?"

"No sweetie, not at all! Its just...Well, This is really hard to tell you Louis.." Jay sighed and massaged her temples slowly, "You don't process things like other people do. Your different. You see Louis, When we went to the therapist she was the first person who could finally tell us why you are so different."

Louis was still incredibly confused. He was always told how different he was, But people always said he was just special. He didn't know that there was an actual reasoning behind him being this way, "Why don't I act like them?" Louis mumbled, referring to the people that go to school with him.

Jay took a deep breath and looked to her daughters. All four of them were eating, their heads facing the table, not wanting to be involved in the conversation. "Louis you have a disorder. Its a type of sickness that makes you see and hear things..You need to take pills for it."

Louis didn't think it sounded too bad. It was just a small pill. He had to take one every morning already because of his allergies. How bad could a second one be?

Louis nodded and lifted some food into his mouth, chewing softly. "Alright"

Jay smiled lightly and then realized that wasn't all she was planning to tell Louis.

Louis started to get up to go put his plate in the sink and continue the search of his journal but was stopped by his mothers voice.

"Lyndsey isn't real Louis"

Louis turned back to her and set his plate down on the table, "What?"

"Lyndsey is a vision that your mind came up with. Your disorder created her. She's not real."

Louis shook his head violently, "Of course she's real! She's my Lynds. I love her! She has to be real! Your lying!" Louis shouted dramatically and banged his plate on the table.

"Lou! Calm down!" Lottie said as she saw her moms surprised expression.

"Stop lying to me!!!" Louis whined and stomped his foot onto the tiled kitchen floor.

Louis didn't understand why his mom was telling him this. Lyndsey was obviously real. Lyndsey would talk to him and touch him and Lyndsey made him feel wanted. Louis loved Lyndsey. She was real!

"Louis! Please listen! She's a figment of your imagination! Its your Schizophrenia, the disorder you have!" Jay crossed over to him and tried to settle him down with Lottie's help while Felicite took Daisy and Phoebe upstairs.

"So if I take the pills I wont see Lyndsey anymore!?" Louis yelled and thrashed his arms, trying to get away from his mom and sister.

"Its for your own good!" His mom shouted as he finally squirmed free from her.

"No!!" He cried and threw a tantrum right there in the middle of the kitchen. He did this a lot when he didn't get his way. He still sometimes acted as if he was a little boy wanting a puppy at a store that his parents wouldn't let him get, "I wont take those pills!!!! I wont!!! I have to see my Lyndsey babe!!!! She's my Lyndsey babe!!!" Louis continued to cry.

"Louis!!" Jay shouted and started towards him, causing him to back away and run upstairs to his room.

Jay sighed and picked up the shattered remains of Louis' plate.

"You need help?" Lottie asked, bending over to pick up the glass with her, "Im sorry Louis acts this way.."

"We can't help how he acts. He just needs help is all.." Jay sighed and swept up the remaining shards of glass.

Lottie looked down and rubbed her arm unsure, "Mom, You still love Louis right?"

Jay's head moved up to meet her gaze quickly. She nodded and stood up. "I love him very much...I just want whats best for him."