Chapter 2

Zayn's POV

On Monday after I got home from school, I went up to my room and stripped off my jeans and shirt. I flopped on my bed in my boxers and felt extremely annoyed with everyone. It's the last few days of school, and to be honest, everyone is really pissing me off.

All the girls are trying to get me to make plans with them or get their number before school is out, but the problem is; I'm gay. I'm in the closet at school, but at home everyone knows I'm gay. Then there's the underclassmen that think they can become my friend after how many months of going to the same school as me. I've always hated the end of the school year because it's almost like an idiotic crunch time to make or break who you are. Unfortunately for me, I don't give a shit but my appearance makes me look like I do.

I'm a confident guy and I know I'm not the ugliest thing to look at, but it's annoying when people judge who you are on the outside rather than the inside. My looks made me popular, but who I'm friends with or my personality make me an outcast in the whole school. For instance, I'm friends with this one guy that's extremely smart and skipped a few grades, but his mind doesn't do too well in communication so he talks slow or sometimes his stories don't even make sense. He's a great guy, but everyone gives him shit because apparently he's a "retard". He's not at all. He's nice and he has the biggest heart I have ever seen. His slow speech is just what makes him Harry Styles. There's nothing I would change about him.

My other friend, Louis Tomlinson, he's on the average side of things. He's short, but that's the only thing that's different about him. Also, his undying love for Harry, but that stays between the three of us. We're an odd bunch, but we all get along great. Louis and I will also beat up anyone who dares to make fun of our lanky curly haired friend. We all have each others backs, yet people still see me as this popular bad ass type guy just because I have a few tattoos and I'm not open to spread my life with everyone. It's always appearance that people go for with me, never who I really am.

Someone knocked on my door before it swung open. My dad stood there in his business suit, looking at me with a huge smile. I waved to him, not really feeling like getting up from where I was. My body was comfortable, so I think I'll just leave it be.

"I'm gone for a weekend and you just wave at me? Anyway, your mother said we're going to have the new neighbors over for dinner tonight. I already knew Bobby because we work for the same business just different branches of it, but I've never met his son before. You guys are the same age. Maybe he could be apart of your misfit crew?" My dad asked me. I shrugged because I wasn't in the mood for making friends. All I know is this guy could be a complete jerk or something. He was supposed to come and meet me and my mum the other day, but he never came out. That's just means he's probably rude. Yes, I remember Maura and Bobby saying they moved for their son to get a procedure done or something like that, but I still don't know if this guy is nice or if he was too sick to talk to us.

"Can I just nap until dinner? Better yet, can I just sleep until tomorrow?" I asked my dad. He chuckled before coming over to me and running his hand over my short cropped hair before leaving me to be alone in my room.

I don't know how long I laid on my bed thinking of just about everything. I tried to remember how many college applications I sent in all around Great Britain. I tried to remember how much rent was going to be for this one flat I found that was close to the college I was hoping to get into. I even went as far as thinking about if I even had breakfast this morning. When I heard my name being called from downstairs, I was greatful to be brought out of my thoughts before I went crazy. I slipped on some black skinny jeans and a black tank top before heading downstairs.

When I walked into the living room, I forgot how to breathe. Of all the things I could have been thinking about before this, the thought of telling myself thinking to breathe when I'm seeing the most beautiful blue eyed boy, never crossed my mind. He looked up at me from where he was looking at his hands and I saw the lightest blush on his cheeks. Our mum's said something about us going to get to know each other in my room until dinner was ready, but me and this mystery blonde couldn't stop staring at each other like we were both new found creatures.