Chapter 20

Zayn's POV

"Louis, just put my boxers in the box and stop looking at them!" I yelled at my best friend as he went through my drawers. He laughed, then put them in the box with the rest of my clothes from the drawers. I placed my art supplies in another box while Harry tripped over his own feet to get the boxers stacked neatly in the corner of my room. I was moving out in four days so I needed to have my stuff packed up.

"Zayn, do you want this with you or do you want to level this here?" Niall asked me after he got an old teddy bear from under my bed. I blushed at it because I literally slept with that bear until I was fourteen. Even now if I ever had a hard day or I was feeling down about something I was would cuddle it for a few minutes. I went over to Niall and took it out of his hands, then kissed his lips. He giggled before sitting on my bed and watching me put the bear in a box.

We spent more time getting me packed up before we all stepped back and looked at my empty walls and boxed up things. The four of us sat on me bed and took in the fact we were all growing up. Louis, Harry and I had been friends since we were little. Then Niall came into our mix and fit in seamlessly, so it felt like we were all just realizing we're adults now. Niall's hand slipped into mine and gave it a squeeze. I looked over at him and saw he didn't look like he was thinking about me moving it was probably his big step in his life.

Tomorrow was his surgery and I knew he was scared. We were all scared for him, he's getting opened brain surgery I don't think that's anything to be particularly calm about. After learning more about the details of the surgery, it was hard and could do allot to him if things didn't go the way they were supposed to. I didn't want to think of that because this is going to be fine. Everything will be fine and Niall will get to escape his silence.

"This is our future beginning, isn't it?" Louis asked us all. Niall stayed staring straight ahead, so I tapped his shoulder so he would know people were talking. He tuned on my bed to look at Louis and Harry to see who was talking.

"It's really scary if you think about it that way. I'm just glad we'll be doing this somewhat together." I told Louis in reply. He nodded to me and pulled Harry to cuddle into his side. I think it's cute how even though Harry is at least a head and a half taller than Louis, Louis still manages to cuddle him up and hold him. Louis' phone rang so he picked it up and started talking. Once the phone call ended, Louis kissed Harry shortly before standing off my bed.

"That was Harry's mum, she wants him home now. We'll see you guys at the hospital." Louis told us as he pulled Harry off my bed. Harry gave Niall and I strong hugs before running over to where Louis was waiting for him. I smiled at the curly haired sweetheart as he left with his boyfriend. I got up and went to close the door after them as well as locking it just in case one of the girls or my parents decided to just come in.

Niall kicked his shoes off, then curled up on my bed. I moved a box to the floor and crawled it lay right next to him. We had been working all day on getting things packed up, so I don't blame him for wanting a minute to relax. He flipped over to his back so he was looking at me from where I was looking down at him while I laid on my side.

"I'm going to warn you right now, Liam told me this morning that he was coming tomorrow morning to be there for me during the surgery." Niall told me seriously. I nodded in understanding because I haven't been very good about keeping Perrie away from Niall so he shouldn't have to keep Liam away from me. Of course, I might need to punch him a few times incase he decides Niall needs to be his when really he's mine. I leaned down and kissed Niall before looked him in the eyes and seeing how much love was in them. His hand reach behind my neck and pulled me down to kiss him again, but this time the kiss held something in it. It held desperation and a hint of not wanting to ever let go.