Chapter 11

Niall's POV

"Zayn, I think you forgot I can see you." I called out my window after Zayn had been walking around his room in his boxers for the past ten minutes. I decided to watch for a while, but when he started to adjust himself in his boxers I knew my show was going to have to stop before I saw something I didn't need to see. Zayn's head whipped around to his open window to look at me. When he turned a nice shade of red and ran away to get clothes on, I couldn't help but laugh at him.

"You didn't have to watch me." He told me once he sat on his window seat. I smiled at him and opened my window more so I could swing my legs out the window. Zayn looked like he was about to jump out of his window to get me, but I showed him I was just sitting there and not about to jump out of my two story window.

"Sit back in your house, please. Hights freak me out, just sit back." Zayn told me with a frantic look on his face. I rolled my eyes and sat back in my room like he told me so nicely to. His body language seemed to relax a bit more before I held a fingers to me to wait. He came back a minute later with a small canvas board and a tin box. He looked at me before lifting his canvas board to show me the beginning of an oil crayon drawing. So far there wasn't much, but a sketch of a pair of eyes.

"What is it for?" I asked him. He just shrugged and pulled out an oil crayon and started to make gentle strokes on the canvas. I looked up at the night sky and saw how many tiny little stars were out tonight. It was late, but I guess neither Zayn or I really wanted to sleep so this is a great way of just passing the time. I looked back at Zayn and saw him just looking at me like I was looking at the stars. He had something in his eyes that made me feel like I was even better than the stars.

"Tell me about all your other boyfriends." Zayn said. I blushed and shook my head at him while he went back to his drawing. He reached for a box of kleenex and started doing something delicately that made me smile at how his tattooed hands could be so soft.

"I've never had a boyfriend before. Back in Ireland, everyone either made fun of me or ignored me. I guess you could say I got desperate at one point and nearly ruined me and Liam's friendship because I kissed him, but everything is fine now. Well, maybe not because he's been ignoring me. He says he needs time to get over the fact we'll never be more than friends, but I think he just realized he's tired of me. He put allot of time into dealing with me and for me to just push him away and not give him what he wants in return, it's kind of selfish of me. But, I can't pretend than I like him because I kind of like someone else." I finished telling Zayn, hoping he would catch on that I was telling him I liked him. He looked up at me with a light blush on his cheeks before his shoulders hunched foward sadly.

"Well whoever it is, is lucky." Zayn told me before looking back at his canvas. I laughed and swung my legs out of the window again so that I could really get his attention. He looked at me and got that same scared look on his face. He set down everything in his hands and stuck his hand out to me like that would keep me safe from falling.

"Niall, stop it. I don't like that at all." He told me slowly. In sure if I could hear him he wouldn't be sounding very happy with me. I giggled at him and swung my legs a little bit to make him more nervous.

"Zayn, you're really stupid. You're more worried about me falling out of my window than you could have been thinking about the fact I just told you I liked you." I giggled to him. He still looked worried even though he looked pretty happy with what I just admitted to him.

"Niall, go to your front door and I'll be right there." He told me with a light smile. I pulled my legs in and jumped off my window seat to go downstairs as quietly as I could. I just stood by my cracked open front door until I saw Zayn coming up my drive. He ran a little to me and I opened my door. Before I knew it, I was being picked up in Zayn's arms. I felt his chest rumble so I knew he was telling me something but ik couldn't hear him. He set me down and looked at me expectantly, but I just pulled my ears to remind him I didn't really catch what he told me. He looked like he was slapping himself mentally for what he just did.