Chapter 1- Moving In

If you spend your time worrying about what others think about you, you'll forever be unhappy or stuck pleasing others.

Omg, today is the day I'm moving into my new apartmentnearer to my college. This is going to be a whole new experience for me as I've never been this far away from home and my family ever, plus I've never been on my own before but I guess this is just practice for when I get older and decide to be on my own fully.
I'll still be going home to my family on holidays though so I guess this won't be so bad.

Since I'm moving out my parents wanted to drop me off at my new apartment and say goodbye therefore my mom and dad drove me into the city in their car and my older brother Hayden told me he would drop off my car and drove back home with my parents.

My parents - Nathan and Emma Thompson, who are both accountants- had three of us, my older brother Hayden who is now 25years old and is a lawyer, me who is currently starting university to pursue a business management course and my little 11 year old sister Janina who is in middle school.
My family isn't one which is perfect as we all have our differences and ups and down at times but besides that we're loving and really close. Even my brother's girlfriend Kylie is really nice and is like apart of our family.

I got dressed for the last time in a while in my room. I had put on a jeans short and a black tank top with a pink and purple plaid long sleeved shirt and rolled the sleeves up to my elbows. After I finished my outfit with a black flat shoes which is somewhat like a slipper with straps that made their way up and around my ankles. I then brushed my hair then left my room and went outside where everyone was.

"Well that's everything kiddo" my dad said as he finished packing my boxes and suitcases into his car. Most of my luggage and suitcase were either pink and floral or peach. I love pretty things, I know I can be such a child at times.
" I guess you're ready to go now", dad said again.

"Aww my baby has grown up and leaving us" my mom said pouting. She came over to me and gave me a big hug.
"I can't believe you're already starting college, seems like just the other day we were taking you to infant school".

"Mom" I replied, " Its been been awhile, you're probably just thinking of Janina".

" You're right sweetie and I promised that I wouldn't cry so come on let's go before I start crying" my mom respond.
My mom can be really emotional at times, especially when she's really happy or proud.

My parents got in the car while Janina and I got into the back. And we drove out. My brother got into my car and followed behind. Janina and I talked straight throughout our journey to my apartment. She was excited that I'm starting university but a bit sad that I'll be leaving her.
Even though I'm 8years older than her, we were close and hang out at times.

**********

After about three and a half hours of driving we finally reached the apartment. It was about 5minutes away from the university so that makes it perfect for me. I've been here once when I came to check it out when my dad rented it however the land Lady informed us that I'll be having a roommate, however that would be find with me, as long she isn't a snobby and awful bitch I don't mind.

My parents, Hayden and Janina started helping me with moving in my boxes and suitcases. I had quite alot but we manage to eventually took them all out of the car and inside. Mom and Janina started helping me unpacked my things, I choose the room on the right side of the apartment since I was here first so I guess my roommate will have to settle with the one on the left.
Mom and Nina helped me in unpacking my clothes and putting them into my closet and drawers. They also helped me in putting out my shoes as well and then unpacking my books from the boxes and setting them up on the book shelf.
After we were finished unpacking and setting up things in my room about an hour after. We went back into the living room where Dad and Hayden were.

"Wow this place is amazing" Janina said while admiring the apartment in awe. "You're really lucky to be able to live in an apartment like this".

I smiled and nodded at her while admiring the room for myself.

"Yea its pretty cool" Hayden commented while sitting in the sofa and looking around the room.

We stayed there for about another half hour before my parents decide that they were ready to go. I was feeling kinda sad and lonely already since they were leaving. Maybe it wont be as lonely or bad when my roommate arrive. Hopefully she's a nice person and we can get along.

"Bye sweetie, take care. And call us" mom said while hugging me and kissing my head, "I love you baby".

" I love you Mom"

"See ya dear, be good, love you" dad said while hugging me tightly as well.

"Bye Dad, I love you too"

"Bye Sav, I'll missed you" Janina said while hugging me, "And please text me as well".

"I will Nina, miss you too already" I replied while hugging her back.

"Hey, I'll call and visit you when I can, I'll bring Kylie as well OK" Hayden said as he too hugged me and giving me my car keys.

After our goodbyes they left while I told then goodbye one last time then closed the door.
The place seemed so quiet with just me alone in it.

"Alright this is it" I sighed and said to myself as I got up and went to the kitchen to get something to eat.

My parents already stock it up with groceries that they brought with us.
I decide to make myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a glass of apple juice. I went back to the living room and sat on the sofa and started eating while I turned on the TV and started watching a movie.

Now I'll just try get used to my new apartment and get prepared to meet my new roommate.
Hopefully college life and living on my own will be totally worth it.

***************************************************************

Hi readers, to all who may take the time out to read this story, it's my first time ever writing a story on wattpad.
Its not edited so there maybe a few errors but if you see anything that needs improvement please feel free to suggest things to me or help me out in order to make this story and my writing skill better. Thanks