25. I Missed You

~Max's Point of View~

My eyes flicker open as I see a women dressed in all white. She looked like a nurse. Where am I, I thought.

"Max Thunderman?" the lady asked me. I nod. "You are okay; we were able to save you from the fire."

"W-what happened?" I asked, "Where's Teddy?"

"Max, I'm sorry to tell you this but you and Teddy were in comas for a long time. Teddy has still not woken up."

"What about my family?"

For Billy, Nora, Phoebe, and your mother Barbra, they are awake and healthy...your father Hank...h-he didn't make it", she said as her voice cracked. My eyes widen and I felt tears form in my eyes. Teddy is still in a coma and my father dead? Things couldn't get any worse.

"Max, I have some other news..." the lady said. I look up to her. "You were in a coma for 3 years 7 months.

"WHAT?!" I yell in shock.

"Now Max, calm down. You're fine now, that's all that matters."

"What about Teddy? How much longer is she going to be in her coma?"

"We estimated – based on her condition – another year or so..."

"Oh my god", I whisper to myself.

"Why don't you eat some food? I bet a nice juicy burger would make you happy; some actual food in your system?"

"Okay..." I say trying to calm down. I can't believe this happened. That means I'm 18 years old?

"Miss, do you mind if I get up and see my family?"

"Not at all. Let me help you", she says smiling. I remove the blanket on top of me and she puts one of my arms around me.

"I got this", I say. She lets go and I tumble down to the floor. "I guess I don't got this..." I sigh. She helps me back up and she brings me to the waiting room.

"It's okay Mr. Thunderman."

"MAX!" I hear a similar voice say. I look up a little and see Phoebe running over to me. She smiles and hugs me as the nurse lets go of me. I wrap my arms around Phoebe and smile.

"Hi Phoebe", I lightly say.

"I'm so glad you're okay", Phoebe says.

"Yeah, me too..." I look up and see Billy, Nora and mom.

They smile at me so I smile back. I'm glad I still have them.

"Look who got taller in their coma", mom said. I look down and realize that Phoebe was a lot shorter than me now.

"I guess so", I laugh.

"My son is 18 now", my mom says as she starts to cry.

"Mom, stop."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't you realize that Phoebe is also 18?" I ask.

"But I cried about that on your birthday. I got over her", mom laughed.

As we talked I realized Phoebe was still attached to me. "You know, Phoebe that you can get off of me right?"

"I know, but I don't want to lose you again."

"What about Billy, Nora and mom. I bet they want to hug me."

"Nope" "Not really" "I'm good" They each say.

"Wow, thanks guys", I laugh and hug Phoebe once again, this time tighter.

"No problem", they say in unison.

"I'm just glad I'm back."

A/N***Hey guys. If you didn't read my author's note on Now The Hero, I just want to say I'm sorry that I can't post the way I said I was gonna post. I haven't been on Wattpad at for a long time. I think I'm going to end this book soon. I didn't really like the way I was writing it, so if I do a sequel after I end it, I hope I do better. Let me know what you think :)