Extra: 5

In which Parker and Barry investigate a strange noise in the house. Or, more accurately, Parker does.

Of the numerous nights the two spent together, there are many that stand out.

The one I will tell you about was set around midnight, where Parker was overheating, and had gotten up to lower the air conditioning.

Back in bed, Parker glanced at her boyfriend's sleepy figure, knowing that the next time she saw his face, his lips would be swollen from his sleep. It was the best time for kisses: the morning. That was her favorite time of day.

And because Barry Allen was a loser, just as Parker was admiring that beautiful face, he swung his arm out and hit her in the face.

Deep in sleep, Barry didn't hear her quiet cry of pain, or register he hit her while changing positions.

"Asshole," Parker mumbled.

"Shut up," Barry said under his breath. There was a smile on his lips, shown by the moonlight coming through the curtains.

In the midst of Parker pretending she was annoyed, there was a sound that came from the front door. A jiggle of the doorknob.

Probably a drunk neighbor, Park thought at first, until it happened a second time.

"Barry," Parker whispered, hitting his throat. "Barry, get up."

Instead, Barry cuddled into her side. Parker slapped his stomach until he let go of her.

"This is not a time for cuddling! Someone's trying to break in."

"Go investigate."

"You're the one with the super speed, you fool, you do it."

"You have a bat."

"You're my boyfriend, you're the dude, who's designated to kill insects and check out murder signs."

Convinced she was kidding, Barry opened his eyes. "Parker--" he was stopped, by her hand covering his mouth, allowing him to hear the jiggling.

"Oh, you're not kidding," Barry said, looking more awake.

Parker held back the urge to wrap her hands around his throat. "Bar, do something."

"If the door opens, I'll go speed him somewhere. The suit's on the floor," he responded, cuddling back into her side.

"I'm telling you, Barry, straight murder one day. I will," she said harshly.

Parker got out of bed. For once, Barry was silent as he got a clear view of her bottom with only underwear on.

"Park--"

"Murder," Parker threatened him.

Barry held his hands up in defeat.

Parker grabbed the bat from under the bed. Before she took the first step out of the bedroom, she whispered, "If anything happens, my will is at the bottom of my underwear drawer."

"Your will?" Barry repeated. "You're twenty four years old."

"In our line of work, I think wills are necessary," she defended. "You definitely need one."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You're most likely to die," Parker said in an obvious tone. "If we survive tonight, I'll help you write one. As long as I get your Flash suit."

"You might have to share custody with the suit," Barry said.

"The fuck I will."

"Cisco might fight you for it."

"Civil war," Parker declared, swinging the bat around her hand to point it at Barry. "You better be on my side."

"We're a package deal," Barry said sweetly.

Parker waved her hand to shush him. Inhaling a breath, she slid through her bedroom door and started trotting along the hardwood floor to the front door.

The knob of the front door was jiggling when she arrived. It stopped, a few curses were heard through the door, then started jiggling again.

The second it stopped jiggling, Parker twisted the knob and tore the door open, raising her bat to the right position over her shoulder.

"What the fuck?" she snapped in a whisper.

The bobby pins in Cisco's hands had dropped to the floor. Eyes on the bat, he stuttered, "I was breaking in because I love you."

"How the fuck?" Parker asked.

"I brought pizza," he said, pointing to the floor, where there was indeed a pizza.

Parker dropped the bat, however, the confused look on her face remained. "Why the fuck?"

"Cisco!" said Barry cheerfully, joining the party. "Why are you here?"

"I brought you two a pizza."

"And we appreciate that," he said, taking the pizza."But it's almost one in the morning."

Cisco slipped past Parker, closing the door behind him.

"Why are you in my house?" Parker asked, glaring.

"Long story short, my apartment can no longer be used, due to certain science experiments I conducted," Cisco explained. Seeing her face shift, he grabbed her hand.
"Parker, I'll bring you take home every day I'm here. I won't even use your spare bedroom. I just have one request: don't bang while I'm here."

"No, that'd be awkward," Barry agreed.

"But would it get you to leave?" Parker asked slowly.

"Parker," Barry said, nudging her shoulder. "Come on."

"You sleep on the couch tonight, you swine," Parker muttered. She tossed her bat on the coffee table. "I almost killed you with that."

"I know. Love you, Park," Cisco said, patting his chest lovingly.

"Fuck off, Cisco."