Not the Smartest

Parker, Cisco, and Caitlin sat side by side at the computer desk. Monitors lined the desk, showcasing Barry's vitals, his location, and a weather forecast with a diagram of the growing tornado. A microphone and speaker sat front and center.

To test it, Caitlin held a slim finger on the red button. "Barry? Barry?"

"Barry, this thing's getting closer. Wind speeds are two hundred miles per hour and increasing," warned Cisco. 

"Can you hear me?" asked Parker. 

Barry's voice rang out from their speaker. "Loud and clear!"

"If it keeps up, this could become an F-5 tornado," said Cisco. 

"And it's heading toward the city! How can I stop it? Guys?"

"Has unraveling a tornado ever been done before?" asked Parker carefully.

"How the hell is he gonna do that?" asked Caitlin. 

"I'll run around it in the opposite direction," encouraged Barry."Cut off it's legs!"

The scientists had different thoughts on her impulsive suggestion. Cisco and Caitlin looked at one another, each waiting for the other to speak first.

"He'd have to clock seven hundred miles per hour to do that," calculated Cisco. 

"Your body may not be able to handle those speeds. You'll die," guessed Caitlin. 

Parker shook her head. "He has to do something," she said. 

Negative facts wouldn't outweigh Barry's decision to help. Like any hero, against all odds, he would always give an effort.

"I have to try!" 

Parker's eyes stayed glued to the screen. The Cortex was absolutely silent, the only sound being the faint whoosh of the wind traveling through their speaker.

"The suit's holding up," sang Cisco excitedly.

"But he's not," pointed out Caitlin.

"He can do it, I know he can do it," said Cisco. 

Barry was flung from the tornado, according to the tracker on his suit. Shouting over the wind, he said, "It's too strong!"

"You can do this, Barry," encouraged Dr. Wells.

The three anticipating workers snapped their heads to the incoming boss. Parker's mouth dropped open, wondering how they hadn't heard his chair roll up.

"You were right. I am responsible for all of this. So many people have been hurt because of me, and when I looked at you, all I saw was a potential victim of my hubris. And yes, I created this madness, but you, Barry, you can stop it. You can do this. Now run, Barry, run!"

Parker closed her eyes nervously. 

Hearing Caitlin's sharp intake of breath, Parker popped open one eyelid. "Allen?"

"I'm okay!" called Barry. "I did it. It's over."

××××

When Barry, and more importantly, the suit, was back in the Cortex safe and sound, Cisco required a partner meeting. He was pacing in the treadmill room. 

"We should make something to track him," he suggested.

"Then, do it," said Parker.

"I can't do it alone, though. Isn't it obvious?" asked Cisco. "Caitlin hates the idea of letting him out, besides to catch our meta-human's. He has to do more, he can do more than that. You and I have to be the eyes and ears of helping Barry Allen. Parker Sylas, you are my only hope."

Parker laughed. "All right, Cisco. It would be my pleasure."

Cheerfully, Cisco and Parker executed their handshake, ending with a chest bump. Parker winced. She crossed her arms over her chest. 

"Maybe we should cut out the end," said Cisco.

"Maybe," agreed Parker, face scrunched from the pain. 

Barry, Caitlin, and Dr. Wells were conversing when the two returned to the Cortex. 

"Hey, can I talk to you?" asked Barry quietly, pulling Parker aside. "Look, I just wanted to tell you that you did an amazing job."

"Honestly, I didn't do much, but thanks, I guess," she said. She patted his surprisingly toned chest. "Wow. Uh," she paused, distracted. "Okay. Well, see you all tomorrow."

Throwing her hands into the air, she exited the Cortex, a motion that clearly stated, 'Parker Out!'

Barry stared after her, his brow raised in amusement. "She do that everyday?"

"Everyday," confirmed Caitlin.