Chapter 3

Chapter 3-

Louis sat there crying for about ten minutes before wiping his eyes. Damn hormones. He hated crying. Absolutely hated it. But now that he was in fact having a baby, and that Dr. Burton would be giving him frequent hormone injections, he'd have to deal with it. He just sighed and sniffed. 

With a heavy heart and a now stuffy nose, Louis got up. He grabbed his zip-up and threw it on, walking out to the front garden, cutting through the grass. The sun shone through the trees as he continued on walking. Louis just let his feet do the thinking, not really paying attention to where exactly he was going. 

After a while of walking, Louis realized where he had ended up. A park a few blocks from his house. And, looking around, he saw a curly-haired figure sitting alone on a bench, his back facing him. Louis walked over cautiously and gently tapped Harry's shoulder. He jumped in surprise before turning around to face him. 

"Oh...Hi, Lou." Harry looked up at him, green orbs meeting blue-grey.

"Hey." Louis took a nervous breath, eyeing the vacant spot next to Harry. 

"Sit," he encouraged. There was a hint of a smile on his face. 

Louis sat, a silence taking over. He pursed his lips slightly, drumming his fingers on his thighs, trying to gain the courage to speak.

"So," Harry broke the silence. "I...I'm sorry for walking out. I really just needed some air. I wasn't expecting that. No one our age does. Especially in our situation. I mean...you're-"

"A guy. Yeah...some genetic mutation, I'm guessing." He let out a breath. "I really am sorry. I've ruined your life. And I understand if you want no part of the baby, but I'm keeping it. I can raise it myself if I have to-"

"Louis, what are you talking about?" Harry looked him in the eye, placing large, gentle hands on his shoulders. "You didn't ruin my life and there is no way I'm letting you raise the baby alone. It's my responsibility, too." 

Louis stared at him, his mouth slightly ajar. 

"What? Really?"

Harry nodded. "Yeah. Really."

Louis smiled and hugged him. "Thank you," he said, burying his face into his chest.

"'Suppose I have to tell Mum, now..."

"Yeah. Mine was with me at the appointment, so she heard it from my doctor. And she was kinda my shoulder to cry on...it was a little scary..." He smiled weakly.

"I could expect. You don't hear news like that every day. How was she with all of that?"

"Supportive. Which really wasn't surprising. She had me when she was about our age, anyway. And it's been just us for as long as I could remember. Considers me her best friend...you know?"

"That's how Mum is with Gem and I," Harry smiled. "Will you be there when I tell her?"

"Of course. How do you think she'll react?"

He shrugged. "No clue, honestly. Hopefully not badly."

"And the boys...?" Louis watched Harry's face pale.

"Kinda forgot about them...hopefully the same: supportive."

Louis nodded, feeling his eyes grow a little heavy. He rested his head against Harry's shoulder.

"That's alright," Harry chuckled. "Just make yourself comfortable."

Louis smiled, feeling Harry grab his hand. He sighed to himself contently.