Chapter 13

Chapter 13-

One week later...

"Good morning," Louis chimed through the phone.

"Hey, Boo." He could hear the smile in Harry's voice. 

It was finally graduation day, and Louis sat in his hospital bed with Luca. It was a breezy, beautiful mid-spring morning. Perfect for the ceremony to be outside. Luca, who finally opened her green eyes, was staring up at her father, nuzzled into his chest. She let out a tiny sigh, letting out a noise that Louis just adored.

"How are you today? Excited?"

Harry chuckled. "Yeah, very. I wish you and Luca could come."

"I'm sorry...But you and the boys are coming here after, right? Sucks to spend your graduation day in a hospital."

"As long as I'm with the two of you, I'm happy."

Louis smiled. 

"Oh, I've gotta go," Harry said. "Mum's-what? Yeah, Mum! I'm coming! I'm talking to Louis!" He sighed from his end of the phone. "Mum says hi."

"Hi, Anne."

"He says hi, Mum!"

Louis chuckled and let Luca wrap her hand around his finger.

"Alright. I'll see you later. I love you."

"Love you, too, Boo."

"My mum's gonna try and FaceTime you there," he said before hanging up.

"Alright. Bye."

"Bye."

Louis put down the phone and kissed his daughter's head.

"How's my beauty this morning?"

In response, she opened and closed her mouth, signaling that she was hungry. 

"Aw...come here. Let's get you a bottle."

He sat up a bit more on the pillows, carefully reaching for the bottle. He adjusted Luca in his arms, feeling as if he'd crush the infant. He lifted her up, resting her against his chest. He placed the nipple of the bottle in her mouth, Luca beginning to suck on it hungrily.

"You're so perfect, Luca. I know I've told you taht so many times, but it's true. It's incredibly true."

She blinked, making Louis smile even wider.

"Morning, Boo."

Louis looked up to see Jay walking into the room, a large smile on her face.

"Hi, Mummy," he smiled, kissing her cheek.

She leaned down and kissed Luca's head. "Good morning, sweetheart."

Luca pulled away from the bottle, looking up as best she could at Jay.

"All done?" Louis set the bottle down on the side table. "I'll burp her then you can hold her."

He placed the burp cloth over his left shoulder, patting the baby's back against it.

"Here you go," he said once he finished.

Jay took her carefully into her arms.

They sat and talked for a little while before Louis' phone started ringing.

"Ah, it's Anne," Jay stated.

Louis took Luca back into his arms, adjusting her so Anne could see on the screen. Gemma and Robin were next to her.