It All Changed-Chapter 12

Chapter 12-

Louis gripped Harry's arm as the curly-haired boy guided Louis towards the car. He let out a deep, painful groan as another strong ache ripped through him. He panted, leaning down against the banister on the stairs outside. Harry's hand in his, he gripped his hand tight.

"God! It hurts so much, Harry!"

Tears began to brim Louis' eyes as they squeezed shut and his stomach tightened. Whatever this was, Louis knowing that they were in fact contractions, he only hoped that the baby was alright. He felt Harry's arms wrap around him, pressing him to his chest. Lips touched his head gently and Louis looked up at his husband.

"You're going to be perfectly fine, babe. You both are."

The blue-eyed boy couldn't respond. He was in too much pain, and his legs felt as if they would give out at any minute. Harry had managed to get Louis to the car, glancing back over his shoulder at the house. Within seconds, Louis was buckled and they were off.

Because of the time at night, ten, the roads were a tad bit clearer, but not enough for Harry to drive like he was a madman. But Louis wasn't hesitating to deem him as one. He kept both of his hands on his hard belly as they sped along the road towards the hospital. With trembling hands, he watched as Harry, eye on road and phone, dial the home phone

"Please pick up...Jay..."

Almost five rings later, Jay picked up the phone.

"Hello?" A soft, tired grumble came through the phone.

"J-Jay!" Harry flicked the phone on speaker and put it on the console.

"Harry?" There was a rustling before she continued. "Why are you calling. Wait-where are you?"

"In the car. With Louis. I-we think he went into labor. He's having really strong pains, contractions. They have to be contractions."

"Louis' in...Oh my God..."

"Mum, I'll be fine. Just please get to the hospital with Luca. She doesn't know that we left and I don't want her to worry..." Louis took a deep breath. "I know it's late, but I really want you there."

"And I'm going to be there. I'm just getting a coat and boots for Luca. I'll wake her up and head over. Harry, did you call your mum?"

"N-not yet," Harry muttered, leaning forward and turning the wheel.

"Ok...Where did you boys put her wellies? And you have the bag, correct?"

"It's already in the car. And Luca's wellies are the hall closet."

"Alright, I'll-"

"God..shit!"

Another ache tore its way from Louis' lower back forward, taking over his entire torso. He leaned as far forward as he belly would allow and shot back against the seat. Beads of sweat cascaded down his forehead as he panted, his hand being gripped in Harry's.

"Louis," Jay panicked.

"I-I'm fine, Mum...it's worn down now."

"Ok...Focus on breathing, Louis. I'll be there in a short while."

Harry thanked Jay and quickly hung up before calling his mother and Robin, alerting them as well. Louis began to try and relax himself, resting his head against he cool window. He sighed, and looked at Harry.

"I know I'm the one in labor, but you need to breathe, too," Louis smiled, trying to lighten the mood.

Harry let out a stiff laugh and nodded. "Yeah, I know."