Chapter 9

********************PLEASE READ END NOTE!!!!!!!!*********************

Chapter 9-

"How are you feeling, Lou?"

It had been two weeks since Louis was discharged from the hospital. When he first arrived back at school, everyone stared at him. Then he remembered "rumors and news travel fast." Louis stuck with the boys, opting to ignore everyone else. The baby was calmer today, getting a little more excited when Louis saw Harry.

"The baby missed you," Louis had said to him when Harry giggled at the ripples of kicks that were against his hand on Louis' stomach.

"I'm good, Z," Louis replied.

He nodded.

"Haz, are you gonna come with me to the appointment this afternoon?"

Harry swallowed and nodded. "Yeah. What time is it scheduled for?"

"Four-thirty. We can walk around for a bit after the appointment."

"Alright. I'll drive," he smiled.

"Good, because I walked to school this morning."

Harry chuckled and clapped Louis' shoulder with his hand.

At around four-thirty, the duo were waiting in Dr. Burton's office.

"Sorry for running a bit late, boys," she apologized breathlessly as she entered the room.

"It's fine," Harry responded.

She smiled. "Let's get started." She quickly set everything up. "Ah...you're getting quite big now, Louis. That's very good."

"I feel like I'm carrying twins sometimes," he chuckled. 

"Well," she began, looking at the ultrasound. "I can assure you that you're not."

"That's another thing," he said. "How much am I supposed to...er...balloon out?"

"A bit more. Another...two fists stacked on top of one another, I'd say."

He sighed, biting his inner cheek.

"Just a warning; this should start soon, but you should begin to suffer from shortness of breath until the baby drops into birthing position."

"The baby will still do that even though Louis' a...guy," Harry asked awkwardly.

Dr. Burton nodded. "Yes. It's going to feel odd, I'll tell you that now."

"Great," Louis laughed, shaking his head. "Between my legs right?"

"It should feel like that, yeah."

She finished up, Harry and Louis thanking her before walking out of the examining room.

"Hey, Lou?"

He stopped walking down the corridor and turned around.

Harry stood in front of a newborn nursery window, gazing in and pointing to the almost unimaginably tiny infants. 

"We'll be in that position soon," he said, eyeing a new family cradle their child.

Louis smiled. "Yeah...it will be." He watched an infant open their eyes. Louis, placing a hand on his belly, hoped that his and Harry's baby had Harry's gorgeous green eyes.

"Boo? You ok?"

He looked at him. "Hm? Yeah...just thinking," he smiled.

Harry eyed him curiously. "Anything in particular. Anything you want to talk about?"