Chapter 31

SIRENA’S POV

The Monster ripped at my clothes, and I tried desperately to claw at him. I could not allow him to break me again, not when I had found love. He was too strong for me but I couldn’t give up. I was so sick of giving up everything for him. If I had to go down, I was going down fighting. One of my nails caught Jayden in the face and he let out an animalistic growl. His ferocity increased as he tore apart my shirt. My hands were pinned above my head and he pried open my jean clad legs with his knees. I struggled with all my might as he freed one of his hands, using one to hold my hands up and the other to unbutton my jeans.

I knew this was it and felt the sting of tears in my eyes. But I would not let him see me crying no matter what. He managed to slip of my jeans. I was now only covered by a flimsy piece of lingerie. The look in his eyes was enough to make me barf. I had to stall him.

“I’m on my period.” I blurted.

Jayden let out a sharp laugh. “Do you take me for a fool? I know what you are doing kitten and its not going to work. I don’t care if you’re bleeding a fountain, you will be mine today.” He growled.

And with that he ripped off my bra and underwear. I lay stark naked in front of him. Quickly he shimmied out of his clothes while keeping me firmly trapped and whispered, “No point in delaying things now is there?”

I felt my stomach plummeting and fear gripped my body. It was happening again. After everything I had made to ensure that he would not touch me again, I was having to go through this again.

Bowing my head I accepted my fate. Jayden roughly slammed his lips onto mine, biting them ferociously like the animal he was. Just as he was about to penetrate me a loud slam echoed through the warehouse.

My heart thudded. Was help here finally?

There were sounds of gunshots and Jayden swore.

“Looks like your little boyfriend is here. Maybe I’ll shoot a bullet through his head too.”

“Don’t you f*cking DARE.” I snarled.

“Will you look at that? Protective are we? Ah! Love does the strangest thing to people doesn’t it? Why my dear, you just gave me the most splendid idea.” He said his cold eyes glinting cruelly.

He threw his shirt at me, “Here. Wear this for now. I’ll finish what I started later.” He said sending a wink my way. I gagged and quickly wore the shirt he threw.

He caught me gagging and snarled. Suddenly I was pulled by my hair and flung across the room. My already bruised body groaned in pain. I let out the littlest of whimpers, refusing to let Jayden see the way he affected me. But the b*stard caught it and grinned.

“Let’s get this show on the road.” Was all he said.

He pulled me up by my arm harshly and I half limped, half crawled behind me as he dragged me. Every bone in my body ached and my right eye was swelling rapidly. My eye sight was definitely becoming blurry and my head was pounding. In my groggy state I registered that we had come to a stop and I could swear I heard multiple gasps. I tried to raise my head and look at what was going on.

As far as I could make out all of Jayden’s men were lying in bloody pools. Among them I saw Jamie and felt a pang in my chest. He had not been that bad a guy. Granted he had kidnapped me and handed me over to his sad excuse of a brother. But he was my friend and he had tried to protect me at least to some extent. He was so blinded by his father’s death and his absolute trust in his brother that he had been willing to go to any extent to avenge his father’s death.

That reminded me. Where had Jamie been all those years when I was with Jayden?

My thoughts were interrupted by a strangling sound. I looked up again properly and saw Adrien and…wait. Was that JAKE?!? And MARK?! I must have hit my head pretty hard. Stupid stupid Jayden.

Hope blossomed in my chest. Maybe, just maybe I could get out of here in one piece.

It looked like Adrien was choking so I tried to give him a smile as he stared at me. I probably looked like a truck ran me over several times. I sure felt like it.

My mindless mental rambling was interrupted again by Jayden this time, “What do we have here? Knight in shining armor? Didn’t know you were playing three guys at the same time Sirena. You’ve been a naughty girl have you?”

That probably meant I wasn’t hallucinating when I thought I saw Jake and Mark.

“You might want to put that down and raise your arms.” Mark said motioning towards the gun. How dumb was he? It was clear that Jayden was going to do no such thing.

“Now why would I do that? Now gentleman I’m sure you are smart enough to figure out what is going to happen now. Your weapons down and tell all the backup you must have obviously called to not come anywhere near this place. Either that or” Jayden gripped a chunk of my hair in his hand and pulled me up roughly by it. I winced but didn’t make any sound. But I felt my heart racing when I felt the cold barrel of the gun pressed against the side of my head.

I heard the clatter of guns and closed my eyes. These guys didn’t know Jayden as well as I did. He would kill them and then kill me. No one was getting out of here alive.

I could almost feel Jayden happiness at his success. He had won as usual.

“Now push those guns towards me.” Adrien, Jake and Mark did as they were told.

This was it. This really was it.

“Isn’t this nice? We have all come to an understanding that benefits…well, me.” Jayden said cheerfully.

“And to keep things interesting,” he continued, “I will start by killing your pathetic boyfriend who failed in his mission to rescue you. You will of course watch. I want to break you piece by piece. I want you to die a painful death knowing that you are the reason he is dead.”

I felt bile rise up my throat and my heart shattering.

“Don’t listen to him. I love you Sirena, so much. You give my life purpose and I’m truly nothing without you. You make me a better person, you make me like myself and you are so caring and beautiful and strong and I have no idea how I got so lucky.” Adian called out desperately.

Tears welled up in my eyes, “I love you too Adrian and..” I never got to finish my sentence as Jayden interrupted.

“Aww. Isn’t that sweet.” He cooed. “Now that’s enough dilly-dallying. I have work to do.”

Jayden raised the gun and pulled off the safety clip. He raised his arms and pointed it towards Adrien. It was not in slow motion like the movies. Just as he was about to pull the trigger I felt a surge of adrenaline and pushed his arms off me. The second the trigger went off I half limped, half jumped in front of the gun.

The impact was sudden and painful. I felt the air knocked out of me and distinctly heard voices shouting, and a loud crash.

That was all my mind could register before I lost consciousness.