Chapter 32

ADRIEN’S POV

I felt my heart go still when I saw Sirena fall to the ground. It felt as though someone had my neck in a choking steel grip. My mind numbly registered the sound of glass crashing and I looked up to see Damon, my father and Mr. Daniels (A/N – Sirena’s dad) fly in through the windows. I turned back to face Sirena and her pale body covered in blood snapped me out of my shock.

I looked at Jayden and saw red. Only red. I snarled and lunged at him. He saw the move coming and dodged.

I heard the click of a gun behind me and realized that someone was trying to shoot Jayden.

“He’s mine.” I growled.

Adrenaline and fury fuelled me as I barrelled towards Jayden this time knocking him off his feet. His momentary shock was all I needed. I grabbed him by his collar, pounding into his ugly face. He was bleeding all over the place but I didn’t care. He was going to die. He killed my Sirena.

Someone was trying to pull me off him. I swatted at the person.

“You don’t want to do this Adrien.” My dad said.

“The hell I don’t. He killed Sirena.” I roared, my voice breaking towards the end.

“She’s not dead yet Adrien. We can save her. Just leave him to me. I’ll see that justice is served. This b*astard will rot in prison for a very long time.” My dad said

Sirena was not dead! I gained some control over my actions and clarity returned. Life had a purpose once again. I punched Jayden hard once again, knocking him out and then ran to Sirena’s side. Damon was leaning beside her, his hands frantically moving over her body trying to stop the bleeding. She had been shot below the breastbone. Oh god I hope she was okay.

Sirens could be heard in the distance and soon paramedics and cops were swarming all over the place.

Sirena was placed on stretcher and I followed wherever they were taking her to, blindly. I was stopped at the ambulance.

“Only one family member is permitted.” I was told.

I was not letting my Sirena anywhere out of my sight.

“I am family. I’m her husband. Or at least soon to be.” I said with conviction.

Because it was true. Once Sirena woke up I would propose to her. She was the woman I wanted to spend the rest of life with. That I was sure about. I didn’t care if we were too young. I just needed her by my side.

She had to make it through, she had to live.

**********************************************************************************

Really short I know. But I’ll update a longer chapter soon.

Vote.

Comment.

Fan.

It helps :D

**********************************************************************************