Chapter 14

I know I'm taking a load of time to upload...but im really trying to make the chapters more mysterious....And as always you guys rock and thank so so much for reading my story...it really does mean a lot to me!

so here's the next chapter..

Enjoy!

*************************************************************************

                                                           SIRENA'S     POV

 I barely escaped Jayden's creepy clutches, and ran down the stairs. Thank God for Carla calling me downstairs right in the nick of time.

As I reached the foyer, I saw Carla leaning against the banister, looking fashionably ruffled. I didn't even have time to take a breath as Carla started, "Oh Sirena! I really hope I didn't disturb you, but an emergency came up and we have to get to the agency pronto. I know you haven't had that many lessons, but your defense is great and Damon will be there. We have a case you see....But we are sort of staff at the moment....So, we get to the agency and you and Damon take off to the venue."

Wow! I thought....She really can speak, and she said that all in one breath!

And then it struck me.....I was going on a mission, and I had not had many lessons! How was I gonna protect myself???

I began to protest when Carla interrupted, "I know you think that you are incapable of completing this mission, but I have complete faith in you."....Complete faith in me?

She didn't even KNOW me! But it was sorta true....After the "incident" with Jayden, my reflexes and defense had become stronger..

"Now get going" Carla continued "I have kept a dress for you on your bed....quickly run upstairs and put it on and meet me back here in 5 minutes...go...NOW!"

I ran up the stairs...again. God! I was doing a lot of running today.

I slammed the door to my room/penthouse open and ran towards my bed. Lying on it was the perfect black spy suit I had ever seen. The suit was pitch black as expected. It had a kind of a satiny and leathery feel to it. There was a silver stripe at the waist and at the ankles. It was one piece and beautiful. I pulled it on and it fit perfectly and hugged all my curves at all the right places. I loved this dress! I wouldn't mind wearing it everywhere!

I threw my hair up into a ponytail and then walked over to my cupboard and pulled out some black, sexy, comfy boots. There! I was done....

Once again I ran down the stairs to meet Carla. It was a wonder I wasn't huffing and puffing like a steam engine after all that running.

Carla was waiting patiently for me downstairs. But as soon as I set foot on the ground, she turned around gracefully and walked swiftly over to her car. I stumbled after her.