chapter 13

Here's the next chapter...And I've put this one up much sooner, if I may say so myself...

Love you all !

XOXO

********************************************************************************

SIRENA'S POV

I trudged over to Adrien's car slowly. He was waiting for me and raised an eyebrow when he saw my morose expression.

I could see the curiosity burning in his eyes, but he didn't say anything thankfully.

It was a silent ride home as usual. Both of us were lost in our own thoughts. Though I saw Adrien open his mouth to ask something, then think better of it and shut up again.

I was grateful for that.

I didn't think I could hold my calm demeanor for long. It took all my will power and strength to remain cool and collected.

We reached the house and I flew up the stairs, rushed to my room and shut and locked the door.

I walked over to my bed, flung my bag pack and slumped onto it.

My head was in my hands.

What was I going to do?

The tears, which had been trapped for so long, now flowed freely.

I was frightened to death. I had run away from Jayden so many years ago and had thought that I was finally free.

My living nightmare was back. And I had no option but to face it again.

I looked over at the clock hanging on the wall. It said 3:00 pm.

Jayden would be here anytime now.

Guess my nightmare had already started.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

ADRIEN'S POV (A/N- I know you love me right now)

Rina had been behaving weirdly throughout the day. Not exactly the whole day. It was only since that new kid came in that she became all tensed and guarded and mysterious.

I have a strange feeling that they have had some history. And I can bet that it is not good.

I really am not keen on the idea of that creepy new guy having had a past relationship with her.

That guy gives me the heebie jeebies. I know I sound like a girl, but he gives off this strange vibe of 'badass...back the f-off'.

I know I should just walk over to Rina and demand an explanation. But I don't wan to be pushy and anyways who am I to question her past?

I really can't have feelings for this girl. It's not healthy.

I'll just look after her from far...Just to protect her. Apart from that, I'll keep my distance.

I don't like the pull I feel towards her.

I'm a player anyways. And I don't think settling down is going to do my reputation any good.

That reminds me...I still have to dump Courtney.

Uh..well ..guess I'll do it tomorrow.

The door bell rang loudly, interrupting my thoughts.

I ran down to get it. The door of the room opposite mine, that is Sirena's was flung open with a deafening thud. She looked at it with guilty expression and then proceeded to run behind me, trying to reach the front door before me.

"Nuh-uh...Not gonna happen." I told her.

She stuck her tongue out like a cute 2 year old and ran faster.

Man, can that girl run.

I pushed myself forward and we both reached the door almost together, but I beat her by a fraction of a second.

She crashed onto me just as I flung the front door open.

Both of us fell to the floor with the impact.

I looked up and saw......

The Creepy Guy from school.

What was HE doing here?

And then it hit me. He was Sirena's partner for that project.

I pulled myself up and offered my hand to Sirena, who ignored it and stood up on her own.

Woah! Independent much?

"It's just a HAND!" I told her.

She sniffed and turned towards Creepy Guy and asked him in the most cold, emotionless and venom-coated voice I had ever heard "Shall we go up and start on the project?"

She literally spit out the words and was hissing throughout the sentence.

I flinched inwardly. Ouch!

The Creepy Guy seemed unfazed, but his right eye twitched a bit.

"Well...I guess this is my cue to leave..so...Bye." I said and began retreating.

I looked over at Sirena and she was looking at me with the most desperate and pleading look I had ever seen.

What was going on?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

SIRENA'S POV

I looked at Adrien with the most pleading look I could muster. I didn't want him to leave me alone with Jayden.

Adrien just looked confused and went up to his room.

Time to face the Monster..

I looked up at Jayden, then turned on my heel and walked over to my room.

Jayden followed me and then sauntered into my room and laid down on the bed like he owned the house.

I walked over to my laptop stiffly and flicked it on.

I had just logged onto Google when Jayden came over to me and started rubbing my shoulders.

"Alone at last.." he said.

That was it. I couldn't hold it any longer.

I turned around and slapped him hard, right across the face.

I then kicked him on his...erm...I kicked him where the sum don't shine and then hissed "Next time, I won't be so soft. Touch me once again and you won't be able to have kids. Now get the hell out of my house."

Jayden looked stunned. Then the familiar smirk spread across his face "You'll pay dearly for this."

"We'll see who's gonna pay. Now get lost." I retorted.

He picked up his bag pack and walked out of the room just as Adrien entered.

Adrien looked over at Jayden and then said to me "Ermm...Mum's calling you. She wants you to get dressed and head over to the agency with her."

"Tell her I'll be down in a sec." I said.

Jayden had left by this time and I heaved a sigh of relief.

Well...the storm has been deflected.......but not for long.....

*********************************************************************************

I think this chapter is a bit longer than the previous one.....

And guys I need at least 100 votes before I upload the next chapter...I'm trying to make each chapter longer than the previous one....so I think I deserve a cookie and votes for trying....

So thanks for supporting this story.

Keep voting, commenting and fanning!

Thanks!