Chapter 2

hey people this is the second chapter..here's where the story begins..please bear with the details..i need to clear her life till now so there is no confusion...it will get interesting i promise..

****************************************************************************************************************************

contd. SERINA'S POV

Whoever heard of people being auctioned???..Last time i checked auctioning off of people like slaves was illegal...But I guess times change and after all the Carlsons were powerful people............So here's how the Carlsons decided to kindly [not] break the news to me...........

I have never troubled any of my foster parents or siblings [at least not that much]. I should be greatful to have a roof over my head. But sometimes my temper got the better of me. But THAT was no reason to just ship me off to some unknown place and that too without my consent. Sure, I've had my fair share of troubles.

But what do you expect me to do when your overly-muscled and gross-looking foster brother on steroids takes a hit on you?. You kick him in the rear of course right?? Okay so maybe that kick may have extended and hit him where the sun dont shine and maybe it could have been a teeny wee bit hard, but that does not give anyone the right to just sell me.

Im not a THING. I may be a little violent and may have a sharp tongue but i know that I have to be somewhat grateful to the Carlsons. They did give me a home for 5 years. They adopted me when i was 12 and i was going to be 17 ..so yeah thats 5...[im just a wee bit weak in maths]...I even learned self-defense in their house after they began treating me as a plaything..........

Generally kids are adopted by people for many reasons. But i bet no one would ever adopt a kid for the same reason as the Carlsons.

Mr.Carlson was taking part in the presidential elections and wanted to prove to the people that he was one of them [as if]....So he adopted me to show his involvement [ooo..lucky me!!]. Some foster father i got! Mrs.Dawn Carlson was no better. She married David [Mr.Carlson] for his wealth. She was a loud-mouthed shrieking hag and her favourite past time was to scream at random people. But her one favourite was....Guess who??.

Me of course! She called me an ungrateful wretch, abandoned orphan and whatnot.

The Carlsons survived the elections for a reasonable time. The only reason was because Dawn [no way am I calling her mom or anything!] was an angel before the camera. She looked like one too.

In fact all of them did. They were the All-american blonde haired, blue eyed family. The Carlsons had spoiled their kids real bad. They had a daughter named Sophie and a son named Jared. I called brother and sister the "Evil Clones".

They were photocopies of each other and were bent up upon making my life hell. They succeeded of course. They convinced their parents to make me a kind of an adopted maid, doing all household chores and staying in the maid's chambers. School was an entirely different story. It was like this excruciating pain for me.

I know..I know i should be grateful..but Im not..That is just me!..It was clearly visible that i was not related to the Carlsons.

In fact I looked the complete opposite of their features. I had flaming red hair, a slender yet curvy body. My eyes were what set me apart from everyone. They were a mixture of turquoise, green and violet and changed colour according to my mood [A/N: No supernatural thing. Its just the way she is built]. Weird, but cool [I think]

Sooo..Back to when it was announced very unceremoniously that I was going to be auctioned of..

"B*tch..You are being deported to an auction house where you will find other verm*n like you." I put up a protest of course. In fact i had already made plans on running away and was going to do so too, when two very bulky and scary looking men entered the front door.

They wore worn and trodden upon clothes and had huge tattoos all over their bodies. They were leering at me and when the first man spoke, his breath reeked of stale beer. "She's the one??" he asked David. "Yes. Thats her" David answered back. "Man.. she will fetcha us a good price. Whaddya think Lyle?" First man asked the other one called Lyle.

"I think I'll have a go with her before putting this one up for auction" Lyle wheezed. "No way!!..products have to be pure for the buyers!" replied First guy angrily.

When these people were fighting i shuddered at the thought of Lyle having a go at me as he put it , and whirled toward the Carlsons. "You can't do this to me!" i shrieked "Of course i can. Im your ..waddya call thta???..umm wait..i know this one..BINGO!..im your legal guardian" David replied.

he doesn't even know what you call a person who has legal custody over a kid and he wants to become President. Thank God the people saw right through him. This was another reason for me being kicked out. He lost the elections so there was no need for him to pretend to love me and whatnot....

"Fine! I dont care who you are. Im moving out this instant and thanks for nothing!" I shouted and started climbimg up the stairs to get my stuff when... "Not so fast honey. I have been paid for you and you are one piece of a girl" Lyle licked his lips.

"Eww. Get away from me this instant" i retorted. "Just get out of this house and more importantly out of my hair" David said. "Gladly!" I replied and then David added "In a legal way".

"You call auctioning legal?. Gosh are you illiterate or what?" I freaked out.

I had just started my little rant when something heavy came and hit me on the back of my head. I felt my senses shutting down and heard Dawn saying "Take the little witch away"

before i blacked out completely.

***************************************************************************************************************************

This chapter was longer...This is the point where sirena's journey begins...Next chapter is someone else's POV...Please comment...constructive criticism is gladly accepted and if you like how the story is going please vote. It really boosts up the confidence of a person.. Thanks!