So, we need to talk...

It's not you, it us.

Two things have been happening recently:

Firstly, The CBC has become a (minor) Wattpad sensation!

It all started when the official Romance profile wanted to be our friend and follower, and quickly escalated into contact with Wattpad HQ where they wanted to find out more about just how we got to be so freaking awesome (if we paraphrase and squint a little).

Suddenly (GASP) we officially have more than 1K followers, and all of this is almost beyond comprehension for your Almighties--two scrappy gals just trying to carve out a place to talk ChickLit.

Secondly, despite our (limited) fame, participation by a significant portion of our members (your Almighties included) has dropped off. Way off.

We're also faced with something of a scheduling drought...

This is not what anyone wants for the book club, but it is happening, and as your Almighties we want to find a solution

In response to both the good news and bad, Ara and Lucy have been holding secret meetings and clandestine rendezvous with the sole purpose of how not to totally freak out and instead be responsible, adulting adults.

Heaven knows we don't want to break up (although we'd get to keep the house if it came to a property settlement), so we've been brainstorming how to make the CBC as good as it can be and keep being the awesome-sauce on the ChickLit burger.

This means one thing: we need to change. We're not talking drastic cosmetic surgery (although a trip to the salon might be in order), just a little 'freshen up'.

And so this month we're going to do something a little different.

First of all, a short hiatus on the reading schedule. Instead, we would love for you to please take your time to catch up on any sessions you've missed, and help us brainstorm where we're heading next.

During this break, we'd also love to hear from all of you.

What do you want out of this community?

How can we lighten the workload but still keep people involved?

Is there something we're not already doing that you'd like to see happen?

Is there a ChickLit story on Wattpad you would like to see featured? Do you know an awesome ChickLit writer who you think would be a great fit for our non-jacketed gang?

Leave a comment below, or feel free to send us a PM if you'd prefer, but please do get in touch - this week, more than ever, we REALLY want to hear from you. 

Talk soon!

Your Almighties x