Chapter 15 + Justin's P.O.V

Chapter 15

Robin’s P.O.V

“You don’t remember me?Haha it’s alright I suppose.You’ve been looking good.

Yeah Mystery-man that totally answered my question.

I woke up in the morning with that for a reply. How helpful .Frustrated, I replied without bothering to proof read and got up to get ready.

“Well that totally answered my question genius.i’ve always been beast.now how the hell do I know you? “

“Green what is wrong with you ! Focus and try not to trip over the hurdles again!” Coach bellowed .

I cringed at his harsh tone.This is the third run and I keep tripping over at least a hurdle in each run. Everyone kept giving me sympathetic smiles.

Okay so I went to school with swollen eyes,sue me. I cried myself to sleep , so what? I  looked up towards the bleachers and smiled at Adam who watching me with wary eyes. That kid was kind enough to drive me to Saturday practice.Of course we needed to hang out after.

Rubbing my hand on my face roughly in the effort to wake myself up,I sluggered towards the starting line. I got into starting position,my fingers throbbing from the repeated impact they had each time I trip over the hurdle . Coach rolled his eyes as I trained my eyes over the first hurdle.

He blew his whistle .

“Okay everyone break.Head on home and remember to be on time for the next training. Green follow me back to the starting line of the 100m.” Coach annouced.

I was puzzled.That last run was pretty good.I didn’t trip at all.Why did he break the practice right after I crossed the finishing line anyway ?

Everyone shuffled passed me as I made my way to a none-too pleased Coach Evans. I smiled weakly and waved.

“Robin ,you do know Nationals is in less than 2 months am I right ? “

I do not like where this is going.Nonetheless,I nodded.

“Then what was with that shitty hurdle run!? “ he screamed throwing his cap on the track.

I jumped back,startled. Well someone is agitated. I heard Adam whisltle and I threw him a glance. He was on his feet getting ready to make his way down. I waved him off .

“ Green , “ Coach Evans continued, “ I paid Motre High a visit last week , well sneaked into their track practice actually. “

I sniggered . Coach Evans was breaking the rules by crossing boundaries to spy on our arch enemy’s team .

“Well , I guess I’m impressed that you managed to get through ?” I suggested . I don’t really see what is he implying,

Coach gave out a long sigh . “Jenniffer Monnely is really ripping the time clock Green. Plus their team is fitter than ever! “

I looked down in shame.

“What were you doing in practice today?Tripping over hurdles.TRIPPING OVER HURDLES ROBIN.Do you want the first spot or not?! “

Looking up to see the disappointment on Coach’s face , I put up a brave smile. “I’m sorry but that first spot is still mine to get. You know I can do this Coach.”

A small smile came onto his face. “ Good, now when I blow the whistle you sprint all the way.We’re doing three sets of five . “

“Ugh I smell , “ I grunted as I dragged my feet towards the locker rooms ,Adam chuckling beside me. “ Meet you outside after I freshen up loser. “