Chapter 16 - Adam's P.O.V & Josh P.O.V

Chapter 16

Adam’s P.O.V

It’s been a while since I had a good ‘ol snowice in a cup. I asked to meet Justin here hoping to  mend the sour patches between Robin and him. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t really like the guy, but the whole drama thing it’s taking a toll on them somehow. Maybe I’m over exaggerating things. But that kid’s Track Nationals is in 2 months. She doesn’t need additional pressure. Just today, she kept tripping on her hurdles. Knowing the determination in her, failure is not an option. She’s going to kill herself.

Lately I keep having these crazy urges to meet Robin whenever or help me one way or another. She may not really slump around in school but the 4 of us know she really hates the tension she has with Justin. So I always feel obligated to keep that smile on her face.

Her pretty face,

Lana and Leslie has been continuously yapping about their Friday night with the soccer jocks. The three-way video call I had with them late last night lasted almost two hours. Most of the talking on their part.

“ You should have seen Flynn’s moves it was so cool especially his body roll. His eyes- “

“Please, hey Adam did you know little miss Bridges over here has a date with him next Friday-“

“Don’t make me tell him about you and Aiden!”

“Girls please.”

Yep. They don’t stop talking. I’m happy for them, Lana is finally going on a date with Flynn. She’s been crushing on him since he stepped in to the foot of our school.  [Not literally]

The girls video called me after saying Josh and Robin weren’t picking up, Robin was asleep they don’t know that of course.

I am a little uncomfortable with them going out with the soccer guys. I mean they’re the populars. We aren’t exactly in their social status quo. Moreover, what if they’re one those dude who play with girls’ feelings like cards and push them away when they get tired? I don’t want any of them to get hurt.

My phone buzzed in my pocket signalling a text.

“Be there in ten, got held up.  –Justin “

Hm, late. Qualities of a non-gentleman. I walked into the shop and chose a corner seat before getting up to get a snowcone.

Three snowcones later, that doofus finally walked in. I didn’t have to look up to realise. All I heard was the sound of the doors opening and gasps from nearby pubescent females and yep, target is in the building.

He roughly pulled out the chair and sat down grunting, “ It’s crazy finding a parking lot on a Saturday morning. Were you this unlucky? “

I looked up to his frown and chuckled, “ You wouldn’t be if you came a little earlier before the crowd comes in.”

Justin broke out into a guilty smile, scratching the back of his head, “Sorry man, I was literally waiting  for a parking lot outside.” He gestured to the empty cone cups, “ I  see you started without me. “

“Well I got bored, what said to be ten minutes is apparently, “ I glanced at my watch , “25 minutes.”

Justin got up from his seat, “I’m really sorry man, it wasn’t cool I know. Hold on let me make it up to you.” He backed out from our table and made his way to the counter.

He came back with two plates of chocolate waffles with ice-cream and two snowcups.He handed me one each, “On me.”

I took them gladly, even though the thought of another snowice being ingested is killing me. Gentleman quality.