Chapter 6

Chap. After tree scene

Robin’s P.O.V

I walked in the hallway,not knowing what to expect.Justin hasn’t talked to me all weekend.I was beginning to feel afraid.I was afraid that his ego would get better of him and he would just leave.

I walked to my locker alone.I told the rest that I’ll meet them in class.The hallway seem really quiet but in reality it was buzzing with hormonal teenagers gossiping about the hottest boys or checking out the cutest girls.I on the other hand,was too busy secretly looking for Justin.

Sure enough,I heard his laugh followed by laughters by the soccer boys.I looked up and Justin caught my eye.We locked gazes for a mere second before he carried on talking to his friends.They walked pass me and Justin didn’t even say anything to me.

What the hell? Was he like,ignoring me?

I turned around to see his back at me, he’s acting totally oblivious to my presence. I felt hurt.

Flynn shot me a puzzled look before excusing himself from his friends and jogging over to me. Justin looked back to see where he was going. I looked up to see him smirking at Flynn and me before walking off with Nick, Aiden and his other team mates.

OH MY GOOD GOD.WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THAT COCKY PRICK ?!

“Hey, umm... You wanna tell me what’s going on?” Flynn asked softly.

I was shocked by his curiousity .By this time obviously,the girls stop gossiping and stared at us.They then broke  into whispers.Drama queens.

“Umm..yeahh what’dya mean?” I answered casually,trying to smile through all the pain.

“Bull.”He cussed.

I stared at his sudden outburst.

“Look Robin,I saw it okay?I know we’re not that close.But hey,Justin’s my homie,his problems are equally mine.’Sides,you guys were real tight.I hate to see friends fight.”He smiled.

Aww.What a sweet jock.He’s so right for Lana.

I shifted my feet.I wasn’t comfortable confiding to him yet.But I couldn’t reject him so bluntly,he’s so … nice.

“Umm…Now’s not the time and place…”

He laughed.”You’re not comfortable with me yet are you?”

What,was this guy a mindreader ?

I just gave him a tight-lip smile.

“Okay Robin.Just remember I’m always here for you guys.You have my number.I’m all ears.”

And with that,the soccer boy hugged me awkwardly and walked off.

Before I could comprehend what just happened,the warning bell rang and I sped off to Biology.

I reached class just in time realising that Flynn was already there.

Mrs Armine glared at me.”Unless you want to fail your exams Robin,go to your seat this instant!”

God,this lady must have eaten a bowl of cranky-flakes for breakfast.

I rushed to my seat but stop dead in my tracks in my front of my table.

Crap,my partner’s Justin.Okayy Robin breathe.Just take the seat and pretend he isn’t there.Yeahh that’s right.

I sat down and shifted uneasily in my seat.From the corner of my eyes,I saw Justin looking at me.I mulled up the courage to face him and was shocked to see him staring dead cold at me.He narrowed his eyes at me,then turn to glance at Flynn before turning back to look at me one last time,then look away.