40. He is Back [Zennosuke Kurumadani]

[~He is Back~] 40/100 Drabbles|Bleach| [Zennosuke Kurumadani]

"Engarde!"

"I have come back, here again, to show you...my magnificent elite skills!" Zennosuke proudly boasted in front of you.

Your eye twitched. You told this guy off the other day, maybe a couple of weeks ago, and now he was back. He had wanted to go with you and the others onto your expedition, but had failed to pass your expectations.

But now, he was back.

"What are you doing here?" You asked in an almost annoyed manner.

"I am here again so that I can go onto the next expedition!" He pointed to himself, grinning.

You pressed your lips together and tried smiling. Yeah, no, you didn't think that'd happen, honestly.

"Zen, I don't think you have what it takes." You try to say in the nicest way possible.

"But you haven't seen how much I've grown yet!"

"The only thing you could've grown were wrinkles..."

"What was that?"

"Nothing, please go on ahead and show me what you've learnt." You watched as he showed a range of things, from long range attacking to short range, and you must admit, the way he handled himself made you see him in a better light than before.

"How did I go?!" He exclaimed, wiping sweat from his brow.

"Not bad." You stood up and drew your zanpakuto, pointing it at him. "If you can hold your own against me, then you will be able to go onto the next expedition."

"Yes!" He rejoiced.

"Engarde!" You smirked and slashed at him, lunging and swinging. Zennosuke was taking rapid steps back as he parried and dodged your attacks. Soon, he was at the wall and you stabbed the sword into it, your leg on the opposite side, trapping him.

"And I thought you said that you were ready?" You glowered, "All you've shown me just then was that you could parry, block and dodge attacks! You only went defensive! Show me offensive!" You shouted, pulling your weapon out. You pushed your leg off the wall and using that momentum, you walked away briskly.

You could hear Zennosuke in the background, "I will come back, I swear! I am an elite! I will hold my own against you! I will go on that expedition!"

"Oh boy..." You deeply sighed and sheathed your zanpakuto.

"This is going to be a long 3 weeks."