54. A Free Day in the Life of Shunsui

[~A Free Day in the Life of Shunsui~] 54/100 Drabble|Bleach|[Shunsui Kyoraku]

"Coo-chickoo-chi-coo!" Shunsui cooed in your face. You grinned and laughed, jumping up and down in Shunsui's lap. He laughed with you, ruffling your hair.

He kept doing funny faces at you, making you laugh and giggle. It was the least he could do, since you were just a kid and he was free, having nothing to do. He purposely left all the paperwork to his lieutenants and seated members. He felt lazy today.

There was a knock on the door, but Shunsui didn't hear it, too busy playing with you. It was Ukitake. He opened the door and let himself in, muttering a word of apology as he ventured deeper into his friends' home.

Hearing some voices, Ukitake peered around the corner, seeing Shunsui and you playing around with children's games. The sickly man smiled, not wanting to interrupt the 2. He left the treat he had brought on the table nearby.

After a while of playing, Shunsui and you were feeling hungry.

"Let's get some food. I feel like some sweets." The division leader had butterflies around him as he dazedly walked off with you to the dining table. He was surprised to find a box of food there with a note from Ukitake.

"Thanks Ukitake!" Shunsui grinned and opened up the food, finding that it contained some daifuku! "Do you like daifuku?!" He asked you, showing the food item. You vigorously nodded your head.

He grinned and handed you some, before you 2 started to eat.