41. Suave [Byakuya Kuchiki]

[~Suave~] 41/100 Drabbles|Bleach| [Byakuya Kuchiki]

"When I say expected, I mean totally expected."

Tonight, it was the soul reaper annual ball. It's a special event that nearly all soul reapers in the gotei 13 attend, but also a time when they can dress up in attires other than the official uniform. This year's ball theme was 'formals', based on the human world's behaviours.

You were dressed up in a long dress that was your favourite colour, with your favourite pattern. Your hair was done up, and you wore a tiara that shimmered when it met light.

During the ball, there were performances, dances and many other things. You met with several people, and many of them wore beautiful attires that made you swoon.

They didn't catch your eye as he did though, all dressed up in a white suit and blue shirt, a dark rose elegantly placed in his suit chest pocket.

You tried not to drool at the sight. He was just too delicious, standing there with a calm expression, drinking from his glass of white wine...

WAIT I MUST STOP. You mentally punched yourself.

"Now for the dancing!" Jushiro announced into the microphone.

You sighed as somebody tapped your shoulder, catching your attention. It was some soul reaper you didn't really recognise, but you accepted anyway. Soon, you 2 were dancing on the dance floor, and the song was about to finish. You did a twirl, and you bumped into someone's chest, which was very sturdy. Arms held your shoulders in place as the person from behind you asked for your dance. The soul reaper looked very unnerved, then nodded and walked away briskly.

"Huh?" You looked around and nearly choked on nothing.

It was Byakuya, in all his white suit glory.

"B-Byakuya?!" You stammered.

"May I have this dance?" He asked, grey eyes scanning over yours.

You gulped, but accepted.

You were probably the happiest person in the world, you were dancing with one of the best captains, as well as seeing him dressed up all nicely.

What eye candy!

At the end of the dance, Byakuya placed a hand on the square of your back and leaned next to your ear, making your heart thump wildly.

"You have chocolate stains on your dress."

"Was that the only reason he danced with me?!" You exclaimed.

"I don't know, don't ask me!" Toshiro glared at you as you clung on to him, whining about your night.

"WHYYY?!"