2 - Hardcore emo Mikey

Gerard was now seventeen without a care in the world. He didn't care that people made fun of him. He just liked to look pretty and if that meant wearing a skirt, then he would.

His group of friends had split in half. Both groups were still considered 'emo'. But about a year ago some of them would rather get high and spend the night at a dodgy park while others didn't want to.

Other than that, the groups were still very similar. But they were rival now, wanting nothing to do with each other.

Gerard stayed with the group that didn't like drugs, and he was happy. His best friend was still Ray and he could trust him with his life. Ray was the first person Gerard told about how he liked dressing like a girl and it was also Ray who told him to go to school like that.

Mikey was two years younger than Gerard at fifteen, but much to Gerard's annoyance, went to the other group. At school the brothers acted like they hated each other, but at home they were really close. Gerard didn't mind though, he understood that Mikey wanted to keep his reputation.

Another thing about Mikey being in the other group was that he was best friends with Frank Iero even though Frank was Gerard's age. It wasn't easy for Gerard having your crush as your brother best friends since Frank was always round the Way's house.

But Frank never made eye contact with Gerard so it was obvious that he wasn't interested in him. But Gerard still continued to wear the skirt, dresses and leggings without a care in the world.

The parents of Gerard were supportive of their son's choices, his mum loved it because she always wanted a little girl so she loved shopping with him. She was worried that the slight bullying at school would get worse with her son because unlike Mikey, Gerard wasn't very mature, and was still quite innocent compared to other kids his age.

Mikey was always there to protect Gerard even though he was younger.