7 - Away with the fairies

Detentions weren't fun. Friday were fun. Why did Gerard have to experience the combination of the two? Just because he got called on three times for looking out the window while dreaming about someone. Gerard was kind of grateful that Frank wasn't in that class because in his opinion, that would be embarrassing.

Because it was Friday, Mikey was hoping to hitch a ride with Gerard and today so were Pete and Ryan. So the three boys had to wait until Gerard had finished his detention, and since they had no where to go, they ended up joining him.

"You're not on the list boys, for once" Mr Walker commented frowning at the three

"He's our ride" they said simultaneously pointing at Gerard

Mr Walker nodded and sat down at his desk. Detention was only an hour but you weren't allowed your phones or anything so it felt like forever.

"How'd you even get detention?" Mikey whispered to his brother

Gerard thought quickly trying to think of a lie, he couldn't exactly tell him that he was dreaming about his best friend could he? "Oh, erm homework"

Mikey rolled his eyes but nodded believing it and took out his headphones.

"Michael, you are aware that music isn't allowed in detention?" Mr Walker commented

"I'm not in detention though, I'm just in the detention room" Mikey retorted pulling the headphones on

Mr Walker thought about it for a moment before shrugging and going back to his work

"Are you shitting me?" Gerard mumbled angrily. Not only did he have to sit there for an hour, but he had to hear the music from his brothers iPod since he always played it too loudly. Brilliant.

Mikey listened to idiotic music in Gerard's opinion anyway. He often wondered if his brother actually knew the lyrics since the artists just sort of screamed into the microphone. Gerard racked his brain thinking of what the band Mikey was listening to, probably along the lines of Bring Me The Mice and Men or something.

After the hour was up, Gerard was the first out of the classroom but Mr Walker called him back.

"You understand that you need to focus in class now Gerard and not be away with the fairies yes?" He said sternly handing Gerard his detention slip.

"Yes sir" he nodded

Mikey frowned at his brother "You told me it was homework"

Oops.